Chapter Three

Scarlett watched Greyson as he stood in front of everyone. The people of Simcoe seemed in awe or shocked by the way he presented himself. He was always fearless in whatever he did, even with his own ambitious goals.

"I'm Greyson Newman, if some of you don't know. Scarlett and Luke are on the right and left hand side. Preston, James, and Emma are the other three I've brought with me today. You may introduce your people," he sat with his arms folded, watching Jason as he stood.

"I'm Jason. Bella and Mark are beside me, along with Ilya, Nelson, and Zane. I hope we can all work together in this process," Scarlett smirked as Jason sat.

"Uden wants an equal share of food. We don't want expired food with mould forming on the strawberries," Greyson implied, standing again.

Scarlett watched Jason stand once again. "Equal share is fine for food," he said.

The girl named Ilya stood slowly. "We need help with the daycare, like staff and delivering diapers. We only have so many," she pleaded.

"I would imagine you do. We will send some to help with both because the children are extremely important," Greyson said.

Ilya smiled brightly at him, nodding her head various times. Greyson may be an admirable leader, but caring for the children wasn't his first focus.

Scarlett now stood as Ilya sat down. "We get our fair share of alcohol," she said, placing a hand on the table.

It was in her personality to get boys to crack under her weakness. That was the way she got away with things, such as having Mr. Thomas give her the key to the pool.

"Only for teens," Jason remarked, writing it down on a lined piece of paper before sitting down.

"I want to run Burger King as my own business," Nelson said firmly, standing.

Scarlett looked up at Greyson, who tapped the pen on his thigh. She grabbed the pen from under the table and held it.

"If we get our fair share of food for free," he said.

James, who was in the sixth grade, stood this time. The only reason he was here was because he was the brains of it all. The computer geek that she teased whenever he'd be doing research in the library.

"The power still seems to be working, but the phones or cells aren't. Computers are okay as well; just wifi is unavailable. That's just input to put on the table," he explained, slowly sitting.

"And what about these abilities?" Jason questioned Greyson.

"Use it for pleasure," Greyson interjected.

"Wouldn't it be better just to not use them? I mean, some people don't have them, but a few seem to," Jason said.

Greyson's smile faltered at Jason as he let out a sigh. Scarlett stood again to try and control the heat. They didn't need to have a small conflict occur when they just met.

"How about no breaking shit, but we can use the odd times for pleasure?" Scarlett interrupted their feud as she looked toward Greyson, who slowly nodded.

She looked toward Jason, who agreed with her statement as she sat back down. Scarlett felt Greyson squeeze her hand from under the table.

She watched Zane stand as he brushed his hand through his black hair. "The fire department could use a couple of staff," Zane stated, glancing at Greyson, who looked toward Luke.

"Sure, that works. The main objective is that anyone can pick their side, regardless of Simcoe or Uden." Greyson confirmed, staring right at Jason.

Emma was the last to stand, and she clenched her hands in fists with her eyes shut. "Since we need people to be able to heal wounds or treat them, we're fine with you guys having those two helpers at the church. Uden has someone that can heal anything with their power," she explained.