Greyson definitely wanted power, while Scarlett had just manipulated him. Just some words and her actions gave that push. Now, he wasn't exactly sure where he fit in.

"They vanish tomorrow," Mark said.

"Hopefully they won't vanish because I feel danger coming," Emma implied.

Emma sensed danger—worse than already? What is worse than large holes killing people or fires? Is some lava going to appear out of nowhere?

"I feel this strange feeling in my gut. It feels cold, but I don't feel cold," Emma said.

It doesn't get cold until November, normally. Is that what Emma meant? It has been a mild temperature, which is slightly cold but mainly warm.

"Do you think something is coming?" Mark questioned.

"I think if Greyson and Jason vanish tomorrow, we won't be able to stand up to that thing," Emma remarked.

It wasn't about leadership, but about those supernatural powers that they had. It's like how Emma can heal with the touch of a hand.

"Ashley?" Mark inquired, but Emma shook her head and had her lips pressed into a thin line, eyeing him.

"Maybe," Emma said, shrugging her shoulders and yawning.

Mark cast a glance over at Cindy and James, who were sleeping in the dim light. They were shot and stabbed in different parts of the body. Both of them had been freaks, and Luke still managed to hurt them. Even with these strange powers you'd see in science fiction movies, they could still be injured. Nobody has been safe with Luke around here.

"Can I ask you a weird question?" Emma murmured, her voice shy.

"Yuh," Mark said, sitting down at the edge of her cot.

"Have you kissed someone before?" Emma asked.

"Back in Ohio, I had a girlfriend. Why?" Mark questioned. "Have you?" She shook her head in a tired state.

"Esme did something, and it took me by surprise. One of those shocking moments where you spit out your drink," Emma said.

"Jason ended up spitting milk out when I joked I was moving back to Ohio," Mark said.

"I can't say who, but she did kiss someone, and it startled me. Seeing someone younger than you just kiss someone willingly is just shocking," Emma implied, pressing her lips into a thin line. "Well, I don't know if this counts, but I had someone kiss my forehead."

"Was it a friend?" Mark asked.

"But he held my cheek when he did it. I've done a project with him, but I'm confused," Emma said.

Mark knew one thing about forehead kisses from dating someone: it's not done randomly. No, whoever gave Emma that kiss has to be in love with her.

Exhaustion seemed to take a toll on her body. "You need sleep," Mark said. She nodded and curled up in the soft blanket. Eyes closed, he kept the dim light on and grabbed the plate that had been on the floor.

After dumping the leftovers into the garbage, he placed the plate on one of the joint chairs. Mark knew he had to sleep himself. Climbing up the stairs, he opened the church door and looked around.

When he felt someone grab his forearm, he tensed and spotted Divina. Her eyes were wide, and her expression was livid.

"Do you feel it?" Divina panicked.

"Feel what?" Mark asked, she looked around as if she were lost.

"That cold sensation," Divina grated, gritting her teeth.