Chapter sixteen. ((edited))

After a week of learning the truth. Everyone was overprotective of her. She was fed with generous amounts of fruits and vegetables and little amount of meat and crustaceans. She was also fed with lots of dairy and less of fats and oily foods.

Although she craved for ice cream all the time, they limit her. But then she felt weaker, they gave up and gave her lots of ice cream.

They also bickered less because Irene didn't want to stress Seulgi out and the chances of miscarriage was high. Despite having the baby unwanted, she didn't want it gone as well.

Then, she was entering the second trimester and a bump could already be seen. Irene was slightly happy about having a baby but was sad because of what happened. Seulgi was unsure though. She didn't know whether she wanted to keep it or not. Irene told her that the little being inside her is innocent. Although Irene saw how Seulgi struggled with her mental health. She talked to Seulgi that if Seulgi wanted it gone, she'd support her. Whatever she wanted, Irene was ready to support her.

On her fourth month, her cravings were getting less but her mood swings were like a whiplash towards Irene. She'd cry at one moment then laugh five seconds later. Irene just let it be because it was just a pregnancy thing, even when Irene was having periods as well. Then all Seulgi did was sleep all day and night. She'd wake up, eat, take a bath and go back to sleep. Irene would sing her a lullaby and sometimes an Ariana Grande song which she liked.

They both decided to have Seulgi bore the child before getting married, so that it wouldn't stress her out.

On the fifth month, Seulgi was slowly accepting the growing fetus inside it. She sometimes sang to it while caressing her belly. Irene saw how sweet she was. Regardless what Seulgi had gone through, her mother instincts started kicking in and was protective of Irene like she was a child. Instead of Irene babying Seulgi, it was the other way around. Then she could barely sit down with her legs closed.

On the sixth month, Irene and Seulgi started shopping for baby clothes and visited her parents and the doctor often. Irene suggested to pick unisex clothes because they didn't want to know the gender of the baby until she gives birth. She wanted it a surprise. She was starting to not see her toes because her belly started growing bigger. She even felt the baby moving inside. Which she and Irene find it cool.

On the seventh month, Seulgi and Irene had taking up classes about how to take care of a baby. Irene laughed because she failed holding a fake baby, now imagine if she held a real one. Irene sings to the baby every night. Making Seulgi sleep as well. At this point, Seulgi couldn't sleep straight 8 hours per night, because she was uncomfortable sleeping on her side all the time. She took turns on flipping from left to right then right to left.

On the eighth month, they bought crib and other things for the nursery. They even bought car seats, strollers and stuff. They began baby proofing the mansion. They bought baby fence to be placed on stairs. Irene sometimes forgets the fence was already placed there even if the baby wasn't even born yet. They were too protective. Irene just laughed at that.

On the ninth month, Seulgi and Irene decorated the nursery. It was white, but they'll redecorate and put more colors in once they know the gender. Seulgi placed the bear toy on a shelf, and beside it were a fake plant and lights. The doctor advised Seulgi to walk more often for it to be easier for her to deliver. So she did as the doctor told her. She walked every morning and every afternoon, Irene accompanied her.

The day came when Seulgi's water broke and she was rushed immediately to the nearest hospital. She had underwent an epidural procedure which made it easier for her during her labor. She was also grateful because the doctor found no complications for her to undergo caesarian section. So she just had a normal delivery.

They were surprised to have a girl. The baby was placed on her chest for her to see. Seulgi smiled and she turned to Irene, smiling as well. The Kangs and Baes were there, too. They took pictures of Seulgi and Irene and the baby.

"Have you decided a name yet, Seul?" Seulgi paused for a while to think. She then turned to Irene.

"I'd love to call her Yerim." Irene squeezed Seulgi's hand and kissed her forehead.

"That's a wonderful name, my love. Beautiful like you."

"And she takes after your looks, but hopefully not your stubbornness." Irene gave her a light slap and laughed. "I'm not stubborn."

Their laughter echoed in the room.

But then, a mysterious person was right outside Seulgi's private room.

Kang Seulgi...

~~

Excuse me for I do not know anything about pregnancy. Sooooo yeah. I wanted it to be realistic somehow.

Yey! Baby Yeri is born! Hope you liked the chapters so far. :)) If you do, please do give it a vote. Thank you for reading!