Chapter fourteen. ((edited))

Irene bit her lips as she walked back and forth waiting for any updates. She asked the detectives every five minutes but the detectives just told her to calm down. The Kangs have hired the best agents to look for Seulgi. Seulgi's location was on but sadly, she left her bag with Irene and it was the biggest regret Irene had.

She didn't sleep waiting for updates. Whenever the phone rang, she had her hopes up having Seulgi found but none.

Until one received a call, "We found her." It was on speaker. Irene jumped a bit. "Where is she? Where is she?" The detectives exchanged looks and sighed before turning to her.

"She was rushed to Gachon hospital in Incheon." Irene thought her life was falling apart. She failed to protect her.

After a moment of realization, she went to the car and asked the butler to drive to Incheon and told him to go to the said hospital.

Then she ran to the emergency ward where she would be.

She checked each bed and finally found her. Oxygen mask was attached to her and had two IV drips and a blood bag. Irene's knees weakened as she saw Seulgi's situation. She then dialed her parents and the Kangs to come over once she is transferred to a VIP room.

Once they were in the VIP room, Irene never left her side. She held onto Seulgi's hand and kept on crying and blaming herself. The Kangs barged in and Mama Kang agaped and had her hands on her mouth, both of them teared up and Papa Kang supported Mama Kang as she was about to fall to the ground. Weakened, after seeing her daughter's state.

Later arrived the Baes. Irene's mother and father were both shocked and both got teary-eyed. Irene's mother couldn't handle seeing her stare that she cried on Papa Bae's shoulder.

The detectives went in with a sympathetic look whilst holding a document.

"Results showed that Ms. Kang was..."

Everyone looked tensed and anticipating for the answer. Mama Kang held Papa Kang and Irene's hands.

"Sexually harrassed." After hearing that, Mama Kang cried harder and Irene's tears flowed down. She pounded on her chest, blaming herself. Then the detectives excused themselves to further investigate on the run-away criminals, the fingerprints, DNA and semen sample.

Mama Kang hugged Irene. "You're not to blame, but the criminals who did that to her."

It took hours for Irene to have stopped crying. She felt like she had no more tears to cry. Papa Kang suggested that they should leave Seulgi with the most reliable security and give her privacy. The Baes agreed on it and went home. So that they could rest and come back tomorrow. Irene insisted on staying.

Irene rested her head on Seulgi's side and she was just sitting. A few hours later and she felt Seulgi's fingers twitched. She shot up immediately and waited for Seulgi to open her eyes.

She heard Seulgi grunted and slowly opened her eyes. She squinted upon seeing the lights and later her eyes adjusted.

She saw Irene and sobbed. "Shush now, you're safe." Irene started to get teary-eyed as well. "I'm sorry I failed on protecting you. Whoever done this must pay." Seulgi cried harder and wiped her tears using her thumb.

It had been a while when Seulgi stopped crying but she didn't speak as the oxygen mask was still on. She only stared on the ceiling as if she was thinking about something deeply.

She offered Seulgi persimmons, citrus and chicken. But Seulgi just looked at her. She cried because Seulgi was traumatized.

~~

Seulgi stayed at the hospital for days and was ready to be discharged. The Baes have hired the best therapist for Seulgi, to help her recover from the experience.

When they got home, her parents visited often. Seulgi sat on a wheelchair, looking so lifeless. Those idiots took her happy life away.

After a month, the two men were caught but not the other one. He was still on search and wanted.

Irene tried her best to avoid showing Seulgi anything that relates to her experience. Like romance movies or news even. Even books that had a cover of two people's faces close to each other made her freak out.

Day by day, Seulgi tried to speak a word or two. It was when she asks for something. Like she'd say, 'drink' or 'toilet'. Irene would immediately follow.

Irene kept talking to Seulgi about positive things everyday. Seulgi just looked at her like she had no emotion.

After another month, Seulgi learned to walk. She was able to keep up with basic conversations with Irene but she never called her name. Only was she comfortable talking to Irene and the therapist, everyone else was shut out.

The Kangs would just call Irene to check up on Seulgi because they got busier with the improved business they had with the Baes. They sent her fruits and flowers now and then.

Irene saw Seulgi stood up from the bed, looking at her dead in the eye.

"Irene..."