Chapter five. ((edited))

Seulgi found various things to do on her spare time, but first, she decided to call her mother and notify her she was fine.

"Hey, Mom." Seulgi smiled. She was excited to talk to her mother who was probably sad she wasn't home.

"Hi, Princess. How is it there, do they treat you well?" Seulgi smiled even if her mother wouldn't be able to see it.

"Yeah, mom. Everyone is really nice to me." She chose to see the good in everyone, she was raised like that. She wouldn't want her mom to worry about her because her entire life, all she did was worry for Seulgi.

"That's wonderful, Princess. You make some time someday and visit me here. It's really sad without you here." Seulgi got teary-eyed. She was touched with her mom's words.

"Aw, Mom. It only has been a few hours."

"I know, Princess. I wonder how lonely I'd feel the next few days." Of all things that made Seulgi weak, was her crying mother. She didn't want her crying, I bet everyone else doesn't want, too.

"I'll always make time for you, mom." She said. Since she was the only one her mom had, because her dad was out and about all the time.

"I have to go, Mom. I just went to talk to you that I'm fine here." And the call ended. Seulgi sighed. In all honesty, she wasn't really fine. She was claustrophobic and the room she was to stay at was very tiny. But she had no choice because it was what Irene wanted. She learned that everyone in the house, including her parents, followed her every command. Which made her superior in this home.

~~

Irene carefully planned what to do. She decided to go in the storage room and search for something valuable. But she scoffed. She hasn't found anything valuable enough so she picked up Seulgi's clothes and decided to throw them in the pool.

Seulgi was sitting on the pool bench outside, reading a novel. Then she was interrupted when something splashed on her. She put down the book only to be surprised by her clothes on the pool.

"Hey!"

She stood up, looking at her clothes, floating. She grasped her hair in frustration. Then she turned to Irene, laughing.

"Guess, by now, you know who's boss." She smirked and walked away in triumph.

Seulgi was angry, but she held onto it. It was just the first day.

She asked for a laundry basket and the maidservant gave her. She went in the pool in her clothes, she didn't mind. As long as she gets to pick up her clothes.

The servants helped her grab her clothes in the pool.

"We're sorry in behalf of Madame Irene." Seulgi's frustration disappeared and she smiled. At least someone was sympathetic towards her in that hell hole.

"No need to be sorry, it wasn't your fault."

-skip to night time-

Seulgi ate her dinner with the servants. Irene didn't want to eat with her because she said Seulgi acted like a servant so might as well treat her like one.

After dinner, Seulgi offered to help wash as it might impress Irene. But in Irene's mind, she was making a fool of herself.

Seulgi went in the room, being all sad again. She wanted one of the servants to sleep with her in the room because she found it uneasy. She just wanted someone there to help her relax. But they disagreed and apologized. Seulgi shouldn't be sleeping with the slaves because it was against the rules and if the Baes found out about it, they'd be fired in an instant.

Seulgi sighed and left with no choice.

She laid down on the mattress which was on the floor. There was no bed, so she asked for a mattress instead.

She laid down, crying, holding her mini bear toy.

~~

The next morning, she went to the kitchen to cook for some breakfast. But there was already breakfast and Irene was there, too. Drinking coffee. She looked at Seulgi.

"What? Did you think I'd let you cook breakfast? You might poison me." Seulgi just put on a blank face.

"You know I would never do that to my wife." Irene scoffed and put down her cup of coffee. She brushed Seulgi's nose.

"Thanks, now I just lost my appetite." She fake smiled and left.

Days went by and Irene's pranks were getting out of hand. Day by day, her pranks were getting worse.

That one time, she poured glue inside Seulgi's shampoo, resulting her hair sticking. She had to cut it short.

(Aren't we all whipped for short-haired Kang Seulgi?)

Then, she rubbed chili pepper on Seulgi's underwear that Seulgi had to stay in the bathroom for hours, crying in pain.

Seulgi had to endure like that until marriage comes.

Whenever her mom called, she was crying but she made sure her mom wouldn't hear her. Because she didn't want her to worry.

She would always say she's fine even though she's not.