Chapter seven. ((edited))

Irene couldn't hold it, so she ran downstairs and kneeled. Seulgi turned to her shocked.

"What are you doing? Get up." Seulgi told her. She found it awkward since Irene was kneeling in front of her and her mother.

"Joohyun, what's going on?"

Irene rubbed her palms together, while crying.

"Mommy, it's my fault. I've hurt Seulgi so many times." She then lowered her head.

She felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up and it was Seulgi, smiling.

"Get up, Miss Irene."

She slowly got up and her mother looking at her weirdly because she was called 'Miss Irene'.

"I won't change my mind." Seulgi said smiling and finally left. Irene held her hand but Seulgi slapped it away.

~~

Seulgi went home with a happy heart.

Her mother saw her, she was so thin and there were circles under her eyes. And by that, she knew her daughter was being mistreated. But she didn't bother asking because she wanted Seulgi to tell her herself.

She cupped her daughter's face and then pulled in for a hug.

"Oh, my Princess." They hugged for a while. Seulgi cried. Not because she was sad, but because she was happy to be home.

The maidservants put Seulgi's luggage inside.

During dinner, Mr. Bae called Mr. Kang with the business acquisition and about Seulgi.

He apologized for how Irene treated Seulgi.

"I'm sorry about asking for help, it was my mistake. I wouldn't put my daughter at risk again." He said to Papa Bae. We haven't heard what he said from the other line but Papa Kang was so angry, he hung up the call and sat back down.

"I'm so sorry, Princess, for having to go through that hell hole."

He asked the chef to prepare many food, more like a feast, to celebrate Seulgi's homecoming. Everyone noticed Seulgi was thin so Papa Kang wanted to make sure Seulgi eats a lot to regain back an average weight.

Everyone ate silently, and when dinner was over. Seulgi went back to her room.

Her mother came in. She instantly gave her mother a hug. Her head rested on her shoulder and a tear escaped her eye.

"Princess, I didn't know what you've gone through, but I will make sure you won't go through that again. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get the hint."

They went like for an hour and Papa Kang joined in on the hug as well.

~~

The following morning, the doorbell echoed in the mansion.

Seulgi was downstairs, reading a book in the living room. Papa Kang was in his office and Mama Kang was in the balcony of their room, crocheting.

The maidservant was about to open when Seulgi offered to open it instead. She put down the opened book, facing downwards.

When she opening it, there was no one but just a box.

The maidservant offered to open the box as for her safety, and inside was helium balloons with one big bobo balloon, and a note on it, "I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart".

Seulgi instantly knew who it came from. That person crossed her mind.

A week had passed and Seulgi kept receiving letters and different kinds of surprises.

One letter caught her attention.

"I sewed your toy. I'm really, really sorry. I'm making an effort here." She laughed at Irene's written remark. Despite saying sorry, she still had guts to write that down.

~~

The doorbell rang and Seulgi opened it. She was staying most of her time in the living room because of how bright and open it was there, plus the smell of lavender roamed the room.

She saw Irene, fidgeting her fingers and bowed to her.

"Hi." Was all Irene said and smiled. Seulgi didn't show any emotion. She forgave her for crying over a petty thing, but she won't totally trust her as this might be one of her tactics in gaining her trust to ruin it completely all over again.

She offered Irene to come in.

"Wow, hella rich." Was all she said as her eyes scanned the mansion.

"Yeah, but being treated like trash before." Seulgi said and Irene felt guilty about it. She knew she treated her badly and wanted to make it up to her.

"Yeah. About that... I'm really sorry." She scratched the back of her head, and smiled with uneasiness in her look.

"I forgave you a long time ago. I just didn't think you'd come here."

Irene gathered her courage to say it. The maidservants weren't there to give them privacy. So Irene took that chance to kiss her on the cheek. Seulgi blushed and placed her palm on the kissed cheek.

"What was that for?"

Irene genuinely smiled. She found Seulgi hot and cute at the same time for blushing. She felt something weird inside her but she shrugged it off. She offered her hand to the clueless Seulgi.

"Please come home with me, wife."