Secret Santa - Marichat

A young Parisian found herself on her balcony. A normal routine she had when she needed some quiet time to think. She was stressing about her classes Secret Santa. She had gotten the one person she wanted, Adrien Agreste. 

In hindsight it was a good thing, but it was becoming an issue when she had no clue what to get him. What could she possibly get for a rich model? He had everything. 

It was getting close to 12:00AM and she still had no clue. She wanted it to be heart felt, but not cheesy. Simple but not boring,  sweet but not too sweet. 

She had less than 24 hours to figure it out. 

She had a week when they drew names but she kept putting off, thinking that one day something would hit her and she'd have the perfect gift. She was regretting that choice. She was in such deep thought she forgot about patrol. 

She remembered when from a few rooftops away she saw Chat Noir bouncing from house to house. 

Oh no, I forgot. He's gonna be devastated. The brunette thought to herself. 

He was getting closer to her, she contemplated going inside. She was too late, he was practically at her house.

This was gonna be interesting.  

''Hey Purr-incess, why are you out here so late?'' He sounded happy enough, but his ears were slowly pointed downwards. 

''Just thinking about things. I'm just confused on things, I guess.'' 

''You seem to always have quite a bit on that pretty mind of yours.'' 

Marinette almost rolled her eyes. He was such a flirt. He flirted with anyone he could get his paws on. 

''So what's wrong this time?'' He asked, sitting down on the balcony railing. 

''It's stupid. Shouldn't you be doing superhero stuff?''  She directed the questions at him. She did not want to tell Chat Noir she was having boy problems. 

''Well I already did them. Even though my partner stood me up. I pulled through by myself. She seems to be busier these days, too busy for me. You two would be great friends I think.'' 

She tried to contain her laughter. 

If only you knew...

''I'm sorry you got stood up, I know how much that hurts.'' She immediately regretted saying that. 

She should have gone back inside. 

''You gonna tell me what's bothering you? You know, I'm a pretty good problem solver.'' He said.

''It's nothing, really. I just don't know what to get for somebody.'' She sighed. 

''The classic problem I keep seeing this time of year. I'm sure whatever you get this person they'll love it. What are your options?'' 

''I have no idea, thats the problem. I got him for secret Santa and have zero clue what he would want, that he doesn't already have.'' 

''So, this person is pretty important to you, huh? I'm sure he can't be that hard to buy for.'' 

It felt wrong to be having this conversation with her. It was something she should have talked to Ayla about. 

''I have an idea, I know a lot of people in Paris, you know from being a superhero and all. Tell me who you have and I'll try and tell you what they would want.'' 

He wanted to help, but he also wanted to know who she had. 

Marinette almost got mad at him for trying to get personal information out of her, then remembered she was Marinette right now, not Ladybug.