twenty-nine

"Have a good weekend everyone. Try and not get too smashed." My professor joked as she dismissed class.

I won't have her class until after Halloween weekend. I gather my things and walk out of the class.

As I was walking out, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket to see it was my dad.

He hasn't called me since it happened. I sigh as I answer it. Might as well see what he wants.

"What, Dad?" I ask harshly. I don't care if I'm rude to him or not. He fucked us over.

"I was wondering if you could come to my office. I need to talk to you about something." I wonder what this could be about.

"Fine, but just this once. I'm on the way now." I hung up the phone and started walking.

I just wanted to see what the hell he wanted to talk about. When I get to his office, he was on his computer.

He noticed I walked in and turned to me. "Hey, Sinclair." He spoke sadly. I haven't seen or talked to him since I left for Cali.

"How have you been?" He asked making small talk as I get to his desk. I shake my head.

"No offense but I don't want small talk. I just want to know why you called me here." I speak to him.

He nods his head like he understands. "I wanted to tell you this before you heard it around." He spoke calmly.

I cross my arms, waiting for him to keep talking. He takes a deep breath and looks up at me.

"I'm now seeing Professor Yeuns." I wasn't even sad that they were now dating. I'm not shocked either.

I'm just pissed at the whole situation. I just shook my head as I look around.

"It's not like I already figured it out. You're already living with her." I admitted.

I could tell he looked sadden. Sadden that I won't forgive him. And he doesn't deserve my forgiveness.

"You're not going to forgive me, aren't you?" I shook my head as I head towards the door.

"Thanks for telling me about your new family." I walk out with nothing else to say.

I focus on my breath while I walk to my car. Ever since Owen came, he always told me to focus on my breathing.

It's helped a lot. If he told me this before Owen came out and I was still drinking every weekend, I would've been more upset.

But I don't let it upset me anymore. I get in my car and drive to my house. I didn't know if I should tell my brother or not.

I know he gets pissed if I bring him up. I don't want to put too much time and energy onto it.

When I get to my house, I grab my bag and go inside. My mom was at work so it should only be Owen and Ryder.

When I walk in, I hear a familiar laugh. I close the door to see everyone turn to me. Everyone including Savannah.

I squealed as she did the same. We both ran to each other. It's been so long since I've last seen Savannah.

I know we both have so much to catch up on. We hug each other for about five minutes.

It was so nice having her back. "I've missed you so much." I admit to her. She pulls away as I look at her.

"I'm just happy you're doing better." She admits. I nodded my head in agreement.

We go over to the couch so we could catch each other up. "How did your flight go?" I ask.