Thelya then pick up a Covenant weapon.

Cortana: "Guys, check your ammo. You might want to go easy until we can locate some more. Given all this debris, chances are you'll find something the Covenant won't want shot at them."

You then find a still working UNSC terminal and activates it

System: Catherine Halsey Research Excerpt, 11 February 2550.

Dr. Halsey: "The interesting factor here isn't that H-1 disabled the viral termination code I implanted in her matrix. These metrics imply its success wasn't just unlikely, but that even the accepted 7-year life cycle estimates may not apply. Thus far, I've determined that the unique circumstances of her creation have triggered what I can only refer to as a recessive variant in the AI seed. As her architect, I'm currently at a loss as to the origin of this rogue element. Very curious."

You then found a BattleNet access point aboard a crashed Lich dropship which remains online.

Cortana: "The console's still got some power in it."

You then activate the terminal.

Cortana: "This communication's being broadcast to all Covenant in the area. Let me put it through translation."

The Sangheili broadcast is put through the comms system. Cortana translates.

Cortana: "Non-believers walk the sacred ground. Purge the heretics, so that they do not foul the air of Paradise. The time has come to enter the Great Light. The Promethean awakening is nigh...our reward is at hand."

Y/N L/N: "It sounds like the Covenant were here looking for something."

Cortana: "It's the Covenant. Aren't they always looking for something"

You proceeded to walk up the cliff side. On the other side of the crevice, a malfunctioning Covenant console is found on top of a second crashed Lich.

Sangheili (Terminal): (looping) "Di...dact!"

Cortana: "What is that? Noble, see if that terminal is still active."

You then activate the device, allowing Cortana access.

Cortana: "The Covenant have been broadcasting that from an equidistant orbit every 30 minutes for the last three years."

Thelya'Vadamee: "They've been waiting outside the planet for three years?"

Cortana: "Apparently, they couldn't get in."

The team heads through the crevice and comes to a cliff pathway where gigantic Forerunner pillars can be seen floating above the valley bellow. They then head left towards the remains of the Dawn's vehicle bay with several Warthog strewn about, some are still intact.

Cortana: "Warthogs! And still in one piece. Glad to see your luck is holding out."

The team enters a Warthog and you proceeded to drive it through the debris.

Cortana: "Noble, I didn't want to mention it seeing as how it's complete long shot but since you brought it up, I think getting home might actually help find a solution to my rampancy."

Y/N L/N: "How?"

Cortana: "Well as far as I know I'm the only AI ever generated from living tissue, a clone of Doctor Halsey to be precise. It may be possible to recompile my neural net by replicating those same conditions. But that means getting back to Halsey, soon.

The Warthog continues through the wreckage and comes to a narrow gully.

Transmission: "<static>"