Scared Icon (Halo 2)

Fade in on Covenant structure.

Sanctum of the Hierarchs, Covenant Holy City, High Charity

Camera pans down, we see a large hallway with rows of Honour Guards, Thelya 'Vadamee walks through, close up of 'Vadamee.

'Vadamee watches as the Jiralhanae take Honour Guard equipment from the Elites. Some Brutes fight each other for choice parts. As 'Vadamee ascends the stairs leading to the Prophet's Inner Sanctum, a pair of former Honour Guard Elites pass by her, without their helmets and carrying Plasma Rifles instead of Energy Staves. 'Vadamee walks through a large doorway, past the new Honour Guard Brutes to where the Prophet of Truth and Mercy speak with Rtas 'Vadumee and two of his Spec Ops Elites.

Rtas 'Vadumee: "This is unprecedented... Unacceptable."

Prophet of Truth: "A Hierarch is dead, Commander."

Rtas 'Vadumee: "His murderer was within our grasp. If you had not withdrawn our Phantoms-"

Prophet of Truth: (slightly indignantly) "Are you questioning my decision?"

Rtas 'Vadumee: "No, Holy One! I only wish to express my concern that the Brutes-"

Prophet of Truth holds up a hand for silence.

Prophet of Truth: "Re-commissioning the guard was a radical step. But recent events have made it abundantly clear that the Elites can no longer guarantee our safety."

Rtas 'Vadumee: "I shall relay your... decision, to the Council."

Rtas 'Vadumee and his Elites leave. He nods to 'Vadamee, who returns the nod. Prophet of Truth speaks to the Arbiter

Prophet of Truth: "Politics (small sigh)... How tiresome. Do you know, Arbiter, the Elites have threatened to resign? To quit the High Council? Because of this... exchange of hats?"

Thelya 'Vadamee: "We have always been your protectors."

Prophet of Truth: "These are trying times, for all of us."

Prophet of Mercy: "Even as the humans' annihilation filled us with satisfaction, the loss of one of the Sacred Rings wracked our hearts with grief."

Prophet of Truth: "Putting aside our sorrow, we renewed our faith in the prophecy that other rings would be found. And see how our faith has been rewarded."

They turn to a large view screen of Delta Halo.

Prophet of Mercy: "Halo! Its divine wind will rush through the stars, propelling all who are worthy along the path to salvation."

Prophet of Truth: "But how to start this process? For ages, we searched for one who might unlock the secrets of the ring. An Oracle. And with your help, we found it."

They turn toward 343 Guilty Spark, who seems to have been suspended in a gravity beam.

Prophet of Mercy: "With appropriate humility, we piled the Oracle with questions. And it, with clarity and grace, has shown us... the key."

Mercy triggers a hologram of the Index.

Prophet of Truth: "You will journey to the surface of the ring, and retrieve this Sacred Icon. With it, we shall fulfill our promise."

Prophet of Mercy: "Salvation for all!"

Prophet of Truth: "And begin the Great Journey."

After Thelya was onboard a Phantom which was filled with brutes, flies toward the surface. She gives death stares towards the brutes who were looking at her like the perverts they were.