Chapter XI: Perspicacious Confabulates

We had almost reached the Great Hall when we came across Yoongi. And by 'came across', I mean, full-body collided into him. Because, the great me, decided to walk backwards until I nearly toppled over the poor guy. Why? I don't know either. Just seemed fun at the time. Matched my motto of living crazy.

After apologising a few hundred times, Jimin had to pull me away. "I'm not listening to another 'Sorry' anymore."

"Oh yeah, um, right uh, sorry, no wait, not sorry, or sorry if you want me to be, because well I am sorry but if you don't want to hear it then I won't say it but, Shit I already said it, didn't I, ugh," I trailed off, embarrassed.

"Just go on, without me, eat up–you're hungry, I'll meet you at our room later, okay?" Jimin nodded and with a gentle peck on my forehead, left me alone in the hallway with Yoongi who was awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"What was that," he joked, attempting to break the uneasy tension between us.

"Honestly? I don't know either. But uh, sorry, for crashing into you, and nearly breaking all your bones. I wasn't paying any attention."

"Ah, don't worry about that, I've got 206 of 'em, a few broken wouldn't make much of a difference," he jested, and my lips rose up into a grin.

"How were you here though, you must really be planning on breaking Hoseok's heart by cheating with me," I laughed.

Yoongi smiled deviously. "Oh, I just heard you came back. So was on my way to the garage. You ready?"

"Ready? Huh- Oh right, yep, everything ready. Now spill, what's the surprise?"

"Patience, O Young Muffin. You must accompany me to my house to uncover this mystery that has you're so utterly besotted by."

Oh now he was definitely asking for something risqué. "And which shady dealing do you plan on conducting by the gloom of your unlit house? With the next queen of Illéa, that too. Such behaviour is absolutely unheard of and cannot, and should not be tolerated. Ergo, by the power vested in me, Min Yoongi, you are under arrest on the grounds of attempting to assault an unprotected maiden. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can—and will—be used against you in a court of law."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm your tits, lady. All I ask, is for a small, undemanding favour of you. There shall be no assault, sexual or whatsoever."

"Besides," he added, "you and I both know you're no maiden, in the archaic sense of the term."

"I-I beg your pardon?" No, no, this cannot be happening, Yoongi can't possibly know shit about Jimin and me, it's not possible, is he going to report us? Fuck, I knew we should have been more vigilant, second time in the same day too, Oh god, we're done for, we're utterly fucked to the point of no return, fucked till we cannot fuck anymore and why are all my thoughts related to fucking.

"You know, it's quite obvious that there seems to be a thing between you two. Like that of lovers. And even though you're a member of the Royal family, I get that you might have done stuff with him that is looked down upon but that's fine, there's nothing that you've done that needs to be reproached," he explained.

Oh. Thank God. Thank the Lord in the Heavens that I don't believe in, but thank him all the same. "Yoongi, no. Me and Jimin are anything, but not lovers, lovers is like the most far-fetched explanation of the relationship we share, he's just a person I look up to, someone who cares a lot about me and that's it, none of whatever you were referring to and yeah, no we're not in love, and definitely not with each other."

"Oh." Yoongi seemed rather fazed by this news, face looking blank and rather empty, lacking the sparkle in his crinkled eyes from moments ago. Yet at the same time, he looked rather wary, almost as if he thought I was lying, trying to cover up whatever I had to hide.