[32] Wisdom Teeth

Start from the beginning

"Vanilla frappé for Luke." She called, "I hope to see you again." "I will hopefully see you too, I guess." I said and grabbed the drink before walking out the door taking a quick glance at Hannah and Meredith. What were they doing here?

I ran back to the dentist because Emily was probably done by now. I ran inside and the lady with the clipboard stood there and spotted me.

"Luke Hemmings?" The woman with the clipboard asked. "Er...Yeah?" I asked. "Come with me." She said. I walked behind her, following to where she wanted me to go. We walked through a big hallway, and entered in the door to the left.

Emily was sitting on the chair with gauze in her mouth. Her eyes were bright and her mouth seemed swollen but that didn't stop her from smiling like a fool.

"Hey Em." I said, "How are you?" I leaned against the counter. "I'm great! Fine actually! No great! Amazing!" She yelled, but sounded like mumbling through the gauze in her mouth.

I laughed. She was so energetic and happy, maybe too much so she sounded crazy. I need to take my phone out, oh wait...

"Is that Starbucks?" She asked me and I nodded taking a sip. "Yeah." I chuckled, "There's one actually across from here." I said. Her smile turned into a frown. "Hey!" She exclaimed, "That's mean!"

I could not contain my laughter. She was just so fun to watch. "Why am I mean?" I chuckled, "It's only a drink." "But it's Starbucks!" She yelled, "And I can't eat anything!" I shrugged, "What's so great about this anyway?" I said, swirling the drink around.

"I'm not talking to you." She huffed crossing her arms. "Why not?" I asked. "Because you're mean." She huffed. "But you're talking to me now." I pointed out. "I'm not talking to you!" She yelled like a 5-year old.

"Okay fine." I said. I stood there for a couple of minutes taking loud slurps of my drink. I know that'll she'll snap at any minute, she absolutely when people slurped their drinks and she was 'mad' at me as well. She could never stay quiet for that long.

After a couple of minutes, I was right. As usual.

"Uggggggh." She groaned, "You are such a butthead." She frowned and whipped her head to the side. "Butthead? Even when you're on the medication you still have terrible comebacks." I said.

"I just want to go home!" She yelled flailing her arms in the air, "I want to sleep in my bed and snuggle up in a blanket." She hugged herself and I chuckled a bit.

Just imagine if Emily was drunk. That would be hilarious.

"You can go home now, honey." The nurse said coming towards Emily helping her up. "Would you mind helping me?" The nurse asked me and I agreed.

I took Emily by her arms and we both lifted her up. "So remember when she gets home apply ice on her cheeks so they don't get swollen even more." the nurse began, "Also change the gauze every now and then."

I nodded and Emily grabbed onto my shoulder. "Can I get a piggy back ride?" She giggled holding onto my back. "Why?" I asked, "You can walk perfectly fine."

She frowned, and started to stomp away like a 5 year old who was not allowed to get a cookie from the cookie jar. She walked but came back and stopped right in front of me.

"Pretty please." She whimpered with her hands together and her oh so famous puppy dog eyes.

I groaned, "Fine." She smiled and jumped onto my back. "You are the best." She giggled wrapping her arms around my neck. I carried her as well as the gauze, medication and threw my cup away in the garbage. I was like a pack mule.