Cookies

"What's wrong with it?" Horace turned around, frowning as the Ranger spat the cookie into a napkin. "Hey, I worked hard on that!"

"Did you?" Will wiped his mouth. "Well, I hate to break it to you, but this tastes horrible."

"It does not. You're just being difficult."

"Then you try it!" Will snatched one from the tray, shoving it in his face. "Believe me, I've had plenty of it. If it tastes so good to you, then take all of it."

Horace frowned, staring down at the cookie. It didn't look bad. Will was probably being dramatic as usual. "Fine," he said, swiping the cookie out of the man's hand. "I'll eat it. You just don't know how to appreciate good food."

Will snorted, moving away. "Right. I'll be sure to remember that the next time I let you cook."

Horace rolled his eyes, taking a bite out of the cookie. "Oh, please. I got this recipe from Jenny. There's no way I could—" A strange, terrible taste eroded his mouth and he gagged, dropping the cookie on the ground. Wordlessly, Will handed him another napkin and he spat into it, reaching. "What—what was that?" he gasped, wiping his mouth.

"That was your cookie." Will reached for the wooden spoon, nudging one. "What did you do to it? There's no way Jenny gave you a recipe like this."

"I don't know!" Horace turned around, scrambling through the mess in the kitchen. "Here!" Flour coated the crumpled paper and he blew at it, wiping off a glob of cookie dough. "See! I told you I got it from Jenny."

Will scanned it, frowning. "Again, I ask: what did you do to it?"

"I...I don't know! I put in all the ingredients—"

"How much salt did you put in it?" Will interrupted. "It says half a teaspoon, Horace."

"And that's what I did!"

Will looked around the kitchen, eyes narrowed. "Horace. How much is half a teaspoon to you?"

"I don't know..." Horace waved a hand in the air. "I just sort of...eyeballed it, I guess. It looked like half a teaspoon to me." Will stared at him, and he shrugged. "What?"

"I think your eyes need to be checked," the Ranger muttered.

A/N:
Okay, I dropped off again for a bit, but I'm back again. I'll update maybe a little bit during the holidays, but it'll pick up more once break is over. Hope y'all are doing okay, and sorry for disappearing again!

- Ash