Part XXXII

As we were leaving, I caught something in the corner of my eye causing me to stop. Something was very wrong. I saw the giant red crest in the sky then a troupe of unknown beings buzzing away in every direction.

We got distance between us and the odd bug looking things but upon further investigation, Kisuke unveiled a little more information on them. "From what we know, it looks like the Bount's are going to use these to feed off more Spiritual Energy and they operate like Doll's" Kisuke explained aloud. "They will likely be targeting those who have high Spiritual Pressure. You all should go home, they will likely be targeting you and those close to you." Kisuke added. 

I sighed, my body ached from the tension weighing on all of us. Not to mention Uryu hasn't spoken a word to me since I forced him to abandon that female Bount he was fond of. Her death seemed to effect Uryu greatly. "Orihime and Chad, I think it would be best if you stayed here where it is safe, you both live alone." Kisuke said. 

"Rukia, Renji, you should stay here as well. It is best, strategy wise. Seeing as how it is getting crowded here, I will head back to my place." I said, standing up. I could hear Kisuke sigh but not fight me. 

"Take one of them with you, it will be easier to detect if a Bount is near." Kisuke said. I nodded, grabbing Noba's stuffed form and sitting him on my shoulder. 

"Alright, see ya later." I waved back, heading out into the chilly night. It was quiet, I always enjoyed the night like this. 

"Hey, (Y/N), wait up!" Ichigo's voice sounded from behind me. I smiled, stopping for a moment. 

"You should be getting home, I am sure your family worries." I said, walking once more. 

"I am, just thought we could walk together." Ichigo said. To say something like that, I could already sense his face lit up pink. I hummed, intertwining my hands behind my back.

"You want to walk with me?" I chuckled, hearing his breath hitch. "I think someone in my shoes should feel honored, the hot headed strawberry wished to have me around so much." I grinned, teasing him greatly. 

"Don't have to say it like that...." Ichigo mumbled, embarrassed with himself. 

"I am messing with you, Strawberry. I am more than happy to walk with you." I said, a soft smile replacing the grin I had on before. 

"Are you...sure it is wise to stay by yourself?" Ichigo asked. I stepped to the side and stood in front of him. 

"I wonder why it is you worry about me so frequently? I assure you, I will be fine on my own."  I said then chuckling to myself. I knew he wasn't the only one worrying. "Though, I do believe that some people would sleep easier knowing I was somewhere safer." I added, looking back at Ichigo's face. Even in the dark of night, his features seemed striking. 

"Come on." Ichigo gestured, walking in front of me. I am guessing he understood the hidden point in my words. I walked back to Ichigo's house, the walk being silent and calming. "I'm back." Ichigo announced once we made it inside. 

"Ichigooooo!" His Dad shouted, attempting to give him a hug. I stepped aside to evade Isshin's trajectory. "Oh, hello (Y/N)." He greeted me from the floor.

"Sorry to pop in unannounced. Sudden renovations happening back home. Ichigo offered for me to stay a little while if that is okay with you." I said in a sweet tone, making sure my story was believable. 

"Of course!! Make yourself at home." Isshin smiled from the floor. I thanked him then went upstairs with Ichigo. 

"Always a delight coming here. So much livelier than my place." I said. I stopped in the hall right before the bedroom door. "Would you mind hanging out a minute? I'm not all that tired yet." I said, looking down at my fingers.

"Yeah, sure." Ichigo said. I followed behind him, entering his room then plopping on the bed. 

"I think I need a new mattress, yours is so much comfier." I thought aloud.

"You think so?" Ichigo mumbled. I rolled over then jumped up, standing on the bouncy mattress. Then an imaginary light bulb pinged above my head.

"I totally spaced the homework assignment! I swear I'm an airhead most of the time. Kisuke won't be happy if he gets another call saying I'm not turning in my assignments." I sweat dropped, rubbing my neck. I plopped back on the bed, groaning. 

"You some sort of delinquent?" Ichigo asked. I quirked up an eyebrow at him. 

"You can't say shit, everyone in school thinks you are the biggest delinquent around. I hear all the rumors, I have no presence when it comes to the rest of society." I said with a small smirk. 

"I still get on people's nerves just for my hair color, can never leave it alone." Ichigo said. " How is it everyone else in class forgets you are there?" Ichigo asked. I hummed, thinking for a moment. 

"I may not have known why but I have always been told to stay invisible. Gin always told me it would be safer. I didn't have friends until you guys in this life, I would watch everyone interact but could never see myself in a group like that. You guys, quite literally changed my world." I said, I quietly groaned, feeling the newly familiar pains in my head. I hadn't heard that voice recently. I can't imagine that is something I should be happy about. 

"Do you miss it?" Ichigo asked. I looked over at him. Our eyes met, somehow that helped soften that pain. He was truly listening, not absently responding. I hopped off the bed and grabbed his hand, twirling him around. 

"Now why would I? I enjoy the way things are now. I would choose this life over them all." I said, starting to dance. I lead us as we danced, clearly the Strawberry had no previous experience. I don't know why but I have started to feel the most comfortable when he is around. I chuckled at his clumsy stature, almost stepping on my toes every few seconds. "Things may be dire now but there is nothing against having a moment of fun." I said.  saw a soft smile stretch to his lips. I liked the side where he wasn't bruiting. 

The rest of the night I taught Ichigo how to dance, laughing at how much he was not a natural at it. A nice little memory this would make. Tomorrow, however, was back to the supernatural world.

~CaptainKarma