Part XXX

After a few hours of sparring, I tapped out and got us snacks for a break. Renji was definitely a big help. I like to think I helped as well but it was Renji and Ganju who did the most. As the next morning came around we wondered back upstairs and had a little breakfast. Tessai and Noba made us some warm beverages along with something to eat if we wanted. "What is this stuff?" Renji asked, looking at the cup of coffee curiously.

"Have you really never had coffee before?" Ichigo asked. It was amusing to witness these encounters between the Soul Reaper's and the things of the world of the living. It was pure. 

"Coffee? No I have never heard of it!" Renji exclaimed, finally lifting the cup to taste. As soon as he did, he spit out the bitter liquid. I used my flames to keep from getting splashed by it, Ichigo taking the brunt of it. "It is so bitter!" Renji shouted. I laughed at his reaction then reached over and grabbed a few sugars from the jar Noba was pushing forwards.

"Adding sugar will make it a little more enjoyable to the taste, try it now." I said. Renji took a small sip, thinking and deciding if it was sufficient. He put down the cup and gestured for Noba to douse the bitter liquid with more sugar, one cube after another.

"Jeez, if you have such a sweet tooth why not just eat the sugar?" Ichigo deadpanned. Before the two males could start arguing, Rukia and Orihime entered the room. Tessai served them as well and Rukia just smiled. 

"Looks like you are finally back to normal." Rukia said. Ichigo blushed in embarrassment.

"It wasn't that bad..." Ichigo mumbled. I almost busted out laughing at that. 

"Strawberry, that was almost the equivalent of a mid life crisis. You were one-hundred percent doom and gloom." I said, slinging my arm over his shoulders and ruffling his spiky orange locks. The others agreed with me, teasing Ichigo in the process. 

"Hey Rukia, have you tried this thing called Coffee?" Renji asked his fellow Soul Reaper. 

"Oh that stuff? I mastered that a long time ago!" Rukia boasted. The atmosphere was light with no tension but I know it will fade in time. I could sense the female Bount had long since left and I could tell Uryu was trying to sneak away. I excused myself, sneaking away myself. Someone had to make sure Uryu doesn't do something stupid. I suppressed my Spiritual Pressure as I transformed into my Soul Reaper form and tailed the Quincy. As I followed him and the kidnapped Mod Soul he brought along, I slowly began to realize where we were headed. I sighed and shook my head with a wry smile on my face.

"Uryu, you are really turning into a troublesome little princess." I mumbled to myself quietly. We were headed back to the Bount mansion. I began to sense the presence of multiple enemy entities. Why would the Bount woman come back here? I was instantly on alert when the Bount's Spiritual Pressure built up and skyrocket. "This can't be good...." I mumbled, concealing my presence further. I kept to the shadows as I got closer to the group, I had to been undetectable. God knows what the true intentions of this Kariya could be, I got the feeling what information we had gathered wasn't exactly correct. 

As I got closer, I began picking up more coherent pieces of their conversation but that didn't quite matter when everything they said confused the hell out of me. I located Uryu, diving towards him the second the fight between Bount's escalated. I shielded Uryu with my form, whatever debris crashing against my back before I was able to make a barrier with my flames. "(Y/N)! Did you follow me? You're injured!" Uryu exclaimed, looking at his hand that swept across my back. I simply payed it no mind, such an injury was almost painless. 

"Listen, Princess, things are about to get very messy so I need you to listen to whatever I tell you. I know you aren't incapable of anything without your powers but you damn well keep getting yourself into sticky situations you can't fight your way out of." I said, letting go of Uryu. 

"Can you help her?" Uryu asked from his spot on the ground. I unsheathed my Zanpakuto from its scabard and sliced past my flames to exit. 

"I will do what I can." I said sternly, closing the barrier behind me. 

"My, my, what a surprise it is that you have joined us. Reconsider my offer to stay here forever?" Kariya asked. I let an animalistic sound in response, a deep snarl. 

"Not even one of your own wants to stay with you, I think I will have to pass." I said, twirling the hilt of my sword between my fingers before flash stepping towards him. 

"How impolite of you, I was in the middle of something myself." Kariya stated. 

"Really now? I was told by my comrades in a past life that my manners could use some work." I said, swinging my sword in his direction. Bone chilling flames stampeded towards Kariya, seeming to prove ineffective against him. I sighed, jumping to the female Bount's side. 

"Why are you helping me?" She asked.

"So nice to meet you as well, I am future Captain of Squad Three, (L/N) (Y/N). As for why I am assisting you, that would be just 'cause of the fact a friend asked me to." I said, deflecting a counter attack from Kariya. 

"Your power level is that of a Captain?" The female Bount seemed beyond shocked. 

"Indeed, that Soul Reaper pet this guy has can confirm my accusations. For now however, let's not die." I gave her a smile. 

"You believe you can defeat me so easily?" Kariya scoffed at me. 

"Matter of fact-ly, you prissy bitch, I think I can hold my own. I am no longer alone to add to it." I said, sensing the added Soul Reaper Spiritual Pressures. Kariya smirked at my confidence but I could tell her was locking down and ready to fight. 

- Yes I do admit this is not as long as I would like it to be but I didn't get anything out last month so I wanted to at least give you a little something to tide you over till the next chapter is released!!

~CaptainKarma