Chapter 1

*This Chapter has been lightly edited from it's original

Hi Guys! Lately I've been obsessed with both Slenderman and romance fanfics or books, so I decided to write a little fanfic about Slenderman falling in love with a a human girl! Both my obsessions mixed together! I'm not sure if that's healthy or not , but I don't care! Oh, and I don't own the cover picture! :)

Hope u guys enjoy it! :P

~Madi-Chan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emerald POV:

I look down into the lake, which has the clearest water I have ever seen. "Huh," I sigh. This was the place I first met "him". I look back and think how ridiculous it was that I wasn't afraid of him.

~Flashback~

"I want my real Mommy and Daddy!" I yell, running out of the house. "You come back here right now young lady!" Camie, my foster parent, yells back. "No..." I say quietly as I run. She's not my real Mommy, so I don't have to listen to a word she says! That lady is so mean to me! She yells and hits! She was nice at first, but now she's just turned into a meanie!

I run into the woods behind the house as fast as I can, while starting to cry. Don't cry Emmie! If you cry, you're a big baby! I cry never the less. I'm just too emotionally exhausted to stop myself. "I'm such a baby..." I say as I stop running to wipe away my tears.

When I look up to take in my surroundings, I "awe" in amazement. Just a few yards away, a meadow with lots of pretty flowers stretches out in front of me. In the middle is a giant willow tree hanging over a beautiful pond! "So pretty..." I say to myself as I walk into the meadow and pick up a pretty, deep blue flower. I then smile so big my cheeks hurt. "It's so nice here!" I yell while laughing to myself.

I then remember the pond and run toward it, not caring that my legs hurt. When I get to the pond, I walk into the cool water till it nearly touches my shorts. I laugh and look into the water to see my reflection. The water is perfectly clear; I can see my reflection perfectly! As I continue to look into the crystalline water, I can see little fishes and tadpoles swimming around my feet. I giggle as one of them nibbles on my foot.

~*~

I play in the meadow till the sun starts to set. "I'm so tired." I mutter to myself. I then get out of the water and sit under the giant willow. A few minutes go by until I begin to hear foot steps behind me, and they were getting close. I hold my breath, hoping it wasn't Camie, the meanie who yells and hits. But it wasn't........

I look up to see a very, very tall man,

with white skin,

a black business suit, and the strangest thing was,

he had no face.