Falling sand

"Mr. Zhongli?"

.
.
.

Childe was yelling into his phone, "Yes! That's the address now get over here!" The frustration going through Ajax would've put him in a coma.

The person on the other side of the phone said they'd arrive within twenty minutes and that they're rushing. Childe quickly heard the call end then beeping. He threw his phone and slumped against a wall. Looking at his unconscious companion.

He bit the inside of his cheek and shut his eyes. "This is my fault," The ginger said in a wavering tone of voice. He gripped his chest and let out a cry.

The news was quick to reach Scaramouche and Xiao, for once those two didn't fight as they quickly turned around and headed in the direction of the hospital. Childe quickly opened the door as paramedics sped inside, putting Zhongli on a stretcher as he groaned and held his chest.

The sight was indeed, horrifying.

"Where's Mr. Zhongli!?" Xiao yelled shaking the ginger. But he was too dazed out to respond, Xiao held back a punch when the doctor came out. Notebook in hand the woman said, "He'll be alright, but, I'm afraid that..."

The end of that sentence was quickly blurred as Childe starred at the floor. "Waking up is a slim chance, for now, you can't see him. Just give us an hour and we'll...we'll do our best." The doctor said, turning back around and heading into the room.

Scaramouche let out a laugh and Xiao quickly held his shirt collar. "How dare you laugh at-"

"Don't you see, this is what he wanted, Zhongli requested a peaceful living. Now all he has is his dreams." Scaramouche explained, looking at his fatui partner. "I didn't expect you to knock him out."

Xiao's gaze fell upon Childe, as Ajax shook his head. "You two don't...I didn't, Signora did." He whispered, the three waiting for the doctor grew silent.

Aether quickly escorted Xiao out of the hospital when he arrived, saying nothing but sweet things as the Adeptus clung to his arm.

Scaramouche and Childe were left waiting again, no one spoke, and the air was too tense to breathe.

Another twenty minutes pass and the doctor lets the two men in. Scaramouche hovers near the doorway as Childe walks to Zhongli's bedside. He was alive, but untouchable.

His chest rose and fell, with lines and breathing tubes tangled as they fell to the floor.

"Mr. Zhongli..."

.
Childe POV
.

"Yo," Another familiar voice, I quickly whipped around to see my friend behind me.

"Nice work today boss, you headin out?" I looked back at the snowed streets. "I would like to put this cold weather just isn't doing me justice," I chuckled, turning back to my friend. His smile faltered, "Oh, by the way I got an email." He quickly took out his phone and handed it to me.

Reading the email, damn it was long, just a list of complaints. "Why are so many people complaining about the fatui."

"Cause you said something."

"I said people should stop shitting on our rival."
I specified.

He quickly took the phone from my hands, "People think you are being paid by that company, and because we are sorta in the public eye people are dissing. Sales haven't dropped but I'm being emailed five times a day." He shrugged, seemingly doing something else on his phone.

"Ahhh cmon, a rival just means they are something that is your equal. Better to be friends than enemies." I countered.

"Whatever you say boss, need a ride home?" My lips pursed, brows furrowed, "Eh sure why not." I said, shrugging, my friend pat my shoulder.

"Sweet, let's go,"

.

And it's true Mr. Zhongli, in the end we weren't rivals.

——
The end

credits to Ashiya-Karomi for the amazing idea to write this book. I recommend you all follow him, see you guys in my next book.