Whisked away

To live and let live, a word of advice to many. Though for the two lovers, or soon to be. Their night was something they could not just forgive and forget.

It started when the hall of where the auction would take place was filled with people. Murmurs and chatter erupted from the audience as Childe and Zhongli eagerly waited backstage.

"I can feel the prying eyes on me at this very second." Zhongli murmured, eyes shutting in discontent. "Woah there Mr. Zhongli, don't you think this auction will run smoothly?" Childe countered, taking a sip of his drink.

"With my argument with the manager of the auction. Unlikely, I hope he puts aside his foolishness and let's me do as I please."

"Sounds like a pretty serious conversation." Childe hummed, letting his hand rest on Zhongli's back. Running his fingers down the latter's spine.

The artifact dealer's eyes fell on Childe, a reassuring smile grazing his lips. "You got this, you are the mighty Zhongli. Greatest business man in Teyvat!" The ginger cheered, Zhongli chuckled, pulling Childe by his tie and landing a kiss on his lips.

Childe sighed into the kiss, closing his eyes, "Thank you." Zhongli murmured into their heated lips. The former pulled away and pat Zhongli on the back. "Is it too soon to give you a pet name or?"

Zhongli waved his hand dismissively, "Can't wait to see what you come up with." The latter hummed,

.
.
.

"First up, noblesse-"
The voice of the announcer drained out as the four conversed backstage. All on plastic chairs with their drinks now in the trash.

"Blah blah blan, Adeptus food" Scaramouche mocked as Zhongli went on, Xiao hit the man in the side. "You dare to disrespect the dishes of the Adepti."

"Adepti are so stuck up," Scaramouche remarked, rolling his eyes. Xiao's brows furrowed, looking at his master. "May I continue or will you to keep bickering?" Zhongli asked with a sing-songy tone.

"Next is the gnosis!" The anouncer said loudly that it shook the group backstage. "A gnosis," Childe and Scaramouche said in sync. Looking at each other than Zhongli. "That fucking dimwit," The artifact dealer stood up. Quickly walking out from behind the stage, once out, he went up to the stage and pushed the announcer aside. "We do not have a gnosis," Zhongli stated into the mic, the crowd erupted in anger.

"We all know that is a lie!" Some Liyuean yelled form the front row. "This arrangement never happens unless there is a gnosis to be bargained!"

"Why is everyone so mad?" Childe asked Xiao, the Adeptus stared at the ginger. "A gnosis is a legendary artifact, existing for hundreds of years. Owning a gnosis give you god-like powers. As normal people have visions, the gnosis is similar to a hundred times the power. Everyone wants to get their hands on it. But the thing these people don't know is that a gnosis chooses it's holder. Not the other way around."

"The crowd said that gnosis are usually the spark of the event, which means." Scaramouche said with wide eyes.
"There are only 7 gnosis, not 100. Yes, all the other gnosis have been fake," Xiao murmured, looking around for eavesdroppers.

"So Zhongli has a fake gnosis?" Childe asked, brow raising. Xiao was silent, picking up his hand and adjusting his tie. "That is none of my business, and that applies to you two as well."

"Scaramouche where's the restroom?" Childe asked after moments of silence. "On the right-"

"Follow me," Childe urged, pulling Scaramouche's arm and in the direction to the bathroom.

*bathroom door behind them closes*
"We need to get that gnosis!" Childe whisper-yelled, looking down at the white tiles of the bathroom. "Are you crazy? We can't just snatch it, plus we don't even know if it's real or if Zhongli has one." The 11th harbinger impatiently tapped his foot.

"This is for the Tsaritsa, we have to corner him, get him to-"

"You're getting ahead of yourself, you really think you can pull the trigger after you got fucked by your boss." Childe froze, eyes filled with fear. "Where, how'd you-"

"You never turn off your headset, I mean never," Childe grew red, taking the mask resting on his head and using it to cover his face. "It's not my fault you never taught me how to do it!" Childe fumbled, recalling all the memories of their nights before.

"If you wanna prove yourself to the Tsaritsa killing Zhongli won't work, just, I need to think." Scaramouche rolled his eyes, "Man, nobody is gonna believe your bullshit, let's just steal the gnosis and go back to Snezhnaya." The short man suggested, Childe was flushed red.

"Y-yeah give me a minute, I feel like shit."

"Hmmf, do whatever you want. But I'm gonna go out before Zhongli's pet gets suspicious." Scaramouche left the bathroom leaving Childe silent. "Man, I really am a dick." The fatui chuckled to himself, silently sniffling.

.
.
.

"What's happening comrades?" Childe asked, ruffling Scaramouche's hair. "We're leaving, the audience is pretty mad so one of the guys working here is letting all four of us sneak out the back entrance." Scaramouche summed up without a breath in between. Xiao nodded his head silently, "Zhongli is on the stage."

"You guys go ahead, I'll wait for Zhongli." Childe said, sitting down in the chair. The two shorter men shrugged and left through the back entrance. While Childe patiently waited for Zhongli.