*Bell Rings*

"Calculus 2 is calling my name, see ya later bitches"
"See you at lunch. Our spot?" I ask turning the corner to the history hallway with Ry.
"Hell yea," We hear M confirm round the corner.

"Don't you just love first period?!" Ry says with the most dreamy eyes.
"Oh you just love it because of Mr. Miller, hmmm am I right?" I smirked.
"Come on admit it!!! Every girl in the school has the hots for him." I nod and smile as we enter Mr. Miller's room and take our seats. Mr. Miller our stunning 24 year old U.S History teacher is standing in front of the room looking very excited about what he has planned to teach today. As always, being a new teacher he has new fun activities and ways of teaching us that aren't entirely lame. His short blonde hair is always flawless, it's like he doesn't even have to try. Best thing is everyone knows he is totally single and is ONLY 8 years older than us. Oh and Mr. Miller has impeccable taste in work clothes, he comes in everyday looking sharp. Today he is wearing a black polo shirt, khaki dress pants along with his very expensive looking black italian dress shoes.
"Take your seats," Mr. Miller says as the new kid walks into the room. All eyes in the room redirect their attention to the dirty blonde boy. M was totally right, everything from his short hair to the muscular body is attractive. Blondes in general have never really been my type, however the way his chest and shoulders filled his grey shirt perfectly allows me to make an exception.
"Well introduce yourself kid, and take a seat next to.... umm... Miss Anderson," Mr. Miller said as he pointed in my direction. The boy gave me a smirk, a cute smirk.
"I'm Malakai Mason." He introduced himself with the attitude that he is going to have to do  this for the next 8 periods. Every girl in the room seemed to already be fantasizing over him, even Ry sitting to the left of me. Tyler was clearly not impressed. But who could blame her Malakai such a sexy name to match his sexy khaki shorts.
Malakai leaned over to me as he sat in the desk to the right of me,
"You can call me Kai." He smiled.
"I'm Mary."
"Oh I know all about you," he smirked. Oh, of course Michelle probably goes around spilling the beans on everyone. "The tall blonde one mentioned you on the tour." I smiled, I was flattered that  M would do that. Kai smiled back. He was the definition of gorgeous.
"Anderson!" Oh shit here we go again, I'm like Mr. Miller's target. "Anderson, why are the colonists angry at their mother country ?" Easy.
"No taxation without representation... etc"
"Pay attention this time Anderson. Now what did the colonists do as a result, anyone?"
"Pearl harbor!"
"9/11"
The class giggles at these two idiots on the football team, Matt Gilbert and Jeremy Morrell  obviously your classic jock. Fast on the field, but dumb in the head.
"WRONG, and wrong!" Mr. Miller rolls his eyes.
"The Boston Tea Party." I hear Kai say under his breath.
"Speak up."
"The Boston Tea Party," Kai says louder.
"New guy knows his stuff."
"Yes, do you?" Kai antagonizes Miller.
"What was Britain's response, Mr. Wise guy?" I looked to my right and Kai was smirking, he obviously knew the answer. If Miller seriously thinks that that is a hard question, he clearly underestimates us.
"Intolerable Acts passed in 1774 after the Boston Tea Party in 1773."
"How many acts were passed by parliament?" Miller snapped crossing his arms, possibly knowing he walked into an argument that he will not win.
"Five were passed."
"Wrong, there were six."
"No I am right."
"Someone google it." Twenty something phones came out of bags, everyone in the class hoping that Miller would be wrong. I looked at Kai again he seemed very confident with his answer, clearly not worried by the man that actually majored in this crap.
"There are five Miller, he's right," Ry shouts out. I turn to my left as she talks and see Ty behind her clearly not happy with Kai. Ty needs to get over it, Kai is not threatening his manhood or dominance or whatever. I looked up front to Miller and he looks very unpleased. Then Kai flashed me a very cocky smile.

*Bell Rings*

     I noticed that Kai continued to be in my next three morning classes as well, Trig, Chem, and Art. But throughout those classes it seemed as if he was trying to keep his distance from me. I totally blew it. I'm going to be forever alone. However, I noticed that Kai didn't seem to talk to anyone else, he ignored every girl that came up to him. Him rejecting every girl in the school must mean he has a girlfriend. Not even M has a chance with this beautiful boy.
As I continued to work on my self portrait, I felt eyes piercing my skin, someone was watching me. This uncomfortable sensation is leaving me defenseless. I decided to glance over at Kai, but it obviously that it is not him, he would have made an effort by now if he wanted to talk to me. My table is empty and he decided to sit at the table alone behind me. Odd. However, when I looked over at him, he seemed to be deep in thought, going through his own process with his work. He glanced over at me and smiled, I raised my hand and waved and turned back to my work. A wave! This boy is making me act dumb! Not possible, I am Mary Anderson, a strong independent women who will never fall weak due to a silly crush. And there it was, I admitted it to myself: Kai Mason, a boy I like. I continued to try to talk myself out of it, it's only the 'hots' for him. I don't even know him, so how could I possibly know if I like this boy!
The sensation of being watched continued and I looked around the room, Jessica Parker and Melinda Griffin were the only others besides Miss. Eleanor, Kai, and myself in the room. Everyone is clearly deeply working on their portraits.