☆44☆ unavailable

Start from the beginning

_

When Karmale had reached the last junction, the people behind her took a different direction. She didn't notice at first and when she did, the location pin showed she had reached her stop point. It was a forest.

She tried calling Ryxel but the service was poor. She placed her phone down. From the co-driver's seat, she picked her gun, a cube puzzle and stepped out of her car.

No sooner had she locked the car than a knife came flying her way.

"What the-" she quickly turned as the blade pinned in the tree behind her. She looked in the direction from which it had come but there wasn't anyone but the dry leaves kept shuffling. She raised her gun and tip toed towards the direction. When she didn't see anyone, she entered the forest. A man's hand swung towards her and a heavy firearm landed on her head. She fell unconscious as someone behind her held her.

"To the river bank!" The man who had hit her said.

_

_

Karmale's eyes squinted as someone gently splashed water on her face. She lay in a canoe and this time three men sat with her.

When she sat up, the first thing she noticed was that she was unarmed and they were heavily armed. Her cube puzzle was gone and their faces had those disgusting devilish smirks. She looked at her feet and boots were gone too. She looked around but no solution came to her mind.

"Can I have my things back?" She demanded. The men exchanged looks and laughed out loud.

She stood up and the small boat seemed to lose balance a bit.

"Sit down!" The third man spoke exposing his toothless mouth. His upper gum was missing four teeth all together.

"Hmmmn!" Karmale scoffed, "No!" She hit the man with her elbow in the jaw. He winced as she jumped out and ran. They followed suit.

"Stop!" They held up their guns to her. Now they were in the middle of the forest.

"Now turn!" The man without some teeth said and she listened.

"Raise your hands and don't move!" He said again but Karmale moved forward.

"I said don't move!" He shook as she approached him. She punched him and his gun fell down. She picked it up and passed the blade from her jacket on his thigh. Faster than expected, blood filled his rugged jeans and he fell to the ground in pain.

"Give me my shoes, gun and cube puzzle!" She pointed the gun on his head.

"Give them to her, Carlos!" He gave in.

The other two men walked about to the river bank and brought her belongings.

"Thank you but..." Karmale took her stuff.

"We are sorry, miss!" The man apologized.

"-I'm not yet content. Give me your ear piece too." She pulled out the black device from his ear.

"Seriously, Ryxel!" Karmale said after she had put the ear piece on.

"Deliver the cube puzzle to Xavier. They will take you there. You can meet me at your car after that." He dryly said.

"Yes, Sir." She threw her gun and the puzzle to Carlos. The guy who had brought them held her boots as she put them on.

"Someone administer first aid to him." Karmale said pointing to the bruised man but to herl surprise, his body lay numb and pale on the ground. White foam oozed out of his lips.