☆17☆ Daddy in The protective role #baby

"What the fuck, Caramel!"

"Don't ask me, Ryxel. Ask them. They are the ones staring at us like they have never seen a hero save his heroine." Caramel casually said with a smile on her face like as if what had happened was nothing serious at all. Actually as if nothing had happened at all.

"Caramel, those people are fucking concerned about you and seems like you aren't... Fuck! You aren't fucking worried about yourself at all." Ryxel said almost shouting.

Caramel was taken aback by his concern and fear masked up with anger. He was hiding the horror in his eyes with flames of anger. But Caramel would see right through his masked emotions. She would see the fear in his eyes as beads of sweat wore up his exquisite forehead. His brows were knitted in unhidden anxiety. He was worried about her. Genuinely worried.

"Please, leave. Thank you all." Ryxel calmly said to the concerned citizens who stood there with looks of worry. Caramel smiled at how kind Ryxel had been to the people. She noted the please and thank you from Ryxel just like she had taken keen note of his naked emotions.

"What's wrong Ryxel?" Caramel asked after the pedestrians had left.

"You have no right to ask me that!" Ryxel shot back.

"What do you mean by that, Ryxel?" Caramel asked with a slight feeling of hurt in her voice.

"What part of 'you have no right to ask me that' don't you understand, Karmale!" The
gangster roared.

"Are you that stupid that you cannot understand such a simple statement. Or you are so stupid that you cannot watch the road as you move. Maybe your deaf, you could not hear the honking of the cars. Perhaps this is your road; the cars will stop when you pass by. Huh! What the fuck is wrong you?"

Karmale's caramel orbs started watering up. She was tearing. Ryxel was barking not even shouting. He was being heartlessly rude.

She sniffed. He stopped. Then his eyes full of rage met her teary Bambi ones. A tear dropped. Ryxel's hard expression melted like cheese on hot meat balls. The delicacy in her salty tear relaxed the Mafia man's temper. His hot flamed eyes turned into soft pads that held a sincere apology.

"Ry---" Karmale attempted to talk but Ryxel's hot finger touched her quivering lips sending a slight chill down her spine. It stopped both her senses and her mouth from saying anything. For a moment she was numb. The tears stopped, her breathing hitched for only half a second and then her heart had a sharp outburst as if it had just been freed from a metallic cage. It throbbed loud enough that she was scared her companion would hear it. She wanted to bite on Ryxel's finger that was causing a burning sensation in her but before she could, he lowered to her height and whispered in her ear.

"I am sorry, Caramel."

The delight the apology brought her was too much that she cold not formulate the words of acknowledgement for it.

To make it even more difficult, Mister Mafia was so close and she was too enveloped in his musky scent that always intoxicated her entire body, spirit and soul. She could not respond.

Ryxel bit down on her burning ear.

"Baby, daddy is sorry." He said his voice so genuine.

"Daddy." The mafia's baby, Caramel pouted.

"Yes, baby." Was Ryxel's immediate response with worry of what's wrong now, Caramel? What's it? Are you okay? Did you get hurt while I pulled you out of the road?" But all that was in his eyes. It was unsaid as he cupped her face with dried tears.