forty one

Chapter 41

"Jaemin, have you seen the photos of Jeno scattering around?" Renjun leaned closer, afraid that someone might hear.

The other boy nodded while munching on his food, "Yeah. I wonder who took those photos. I need to ask them what camera lenses they use," Jaemin said while rubbing his chin. "Might as well recruit them in the club, too."

"Have Jeno seen this?" Renjun asked.

Jaemin shook his head, "Not to my knowledge. But I think he'll see this later, at most." He shrugged. "Oh, it's Shotaro," he said, calling the attention of their friend who had just entered the cafeteria.

Shotaro immediately rushed towards them the moment he saw Jaemin waving his hands. Contrary to what Jaemin was expecting, Shotaro looked so worried, and it's somehow making him uneasy. He could tell that Renjun was also curious but too afraid to ask.

"We have to rush back to the club after lunch," Shotaro panted. "Our club is in trouble."

"What? What do you mean?!" Jaemin exclaimed while exchanging glances with Renjun.

Shotaro sighed, "The student council is looking into the pictures that are being distributed without permission," he said, chewing on his food. "Those photos of Jeno during the match, not only those, actually," he shook his head. "The photos of the entire varsity team are being sold, but they're unpermitted. So they're pointing fingers at our club, particularly the photojournalism team because of these photos."

***

"See this girl?" Shotaro pointed at the girl standing beside Jeno in a picture. "She was the one who distributed the photos last week."

Jaemin raised a brow, "I think I've seen her somewhere..." he sighed. "Ah! Isn't she Jeno's friend or something?" He stared at the photo for a while as he recalled the varsity team's previous games. "What's her name again? Y-Yun..."

"Yunseo," Shotaro said. "She's also the captain of the volleyball team."

"Wait, if she's Jeno's friend, wouldn't that mean that Jeno has an idea about the photos?" Jaemin asked.

The other boy shook his head, "Renjun and I talked to him last week, but he said he had no idea about the photos. He was pretty creeped out," he sighed.

Jaemin froze.

"Jeno doesn't have any idea about Yunseo... and she's his best friend. So it's possible that she likes him, right?"

Looking back, Jaemin wanted to punch himself for not bringing up this topic. Now, their friend and Jeno's soon-to-be-girlfriend-again might be in trouble because of the same girl who spread photos of Jeno before.