eleven

Chapter 11

Jeno opened his eyes and scanned the unfamiliar room he's in. He couldn't remember everything that had happened, but he can recall that the paramedics came and pulled him out of the game.

He remembers how he ran from the other side of the court to the area where Yiyeon and her friends are located to save her from the ball. He remembers how he forced himself to run even if his condition wasn't that good. He remembers twisting his ankle because of running.

The door opened, and he saw their captain entering with some food. He looked at the window instead and suddenly remembered the game they had earlier.

"Mark-hyung," he called.

The older almost jumped from his position as he didn't notice that Jeno was already awake. "What the--you startled me!" He exclaimed. He then handed him a bottle of water and his painkillers. "What is it? Were you supposed to ask something?" He asked and dragged the chair for him to sit beside Jeno's bed.

"What happened to the game?" The younger asked.

Mark pressed his lips into a thin line and sighed, "It's not important anymore... just rest, Jeno."

Jeno nods, "We lost, right?"

Their captain nodded slowly. "It was anticipated since their defense is one of a kind," he sighed. "Besides, we would be battling against a stronger team if we had won that game. If we did, it wouldn't be easy since you, Minho, and Chenle are not in good condition."

"Where's Mr. Seo?" He asked, gulping his medicine.

"Coach went to the school to report about what happened," Mark answered. "By the way, have you seen Yiyeon?"

The name caught Jeno's attention. He looked at Mark and raised a brow, "Hyung, I just woke up. I didn't even know that I fell asleep, yet here we are," he shrugged.

"So you haven't seen her yet," Mark nodded. "But just to inform you, Yiyeon has been looking after you while you were asleep," he said while drinking his water.

***

Yangyang dribbled the ball and tried to shoot it. No good.

He was playing alone on their school's basketball court. It was starting to get dark, and the lamp posts around the campus are the only ones illuminating the place. The auditorium could not be used since the booths for the foundation day are inside.

He caught the ball and tried to shoot it again. It was of no use.

Panting, he decided to sit on the ground and throw the ball irritatedly. He doesn't even know why he was mad and why he was acting this way. But he does want to be alone and think about everything that had happened this day.

"So you were here all along?" He heard a voice say, but he doesn't have the energy to look back and argue with that person.

"Yejin, I don't want to argue," he sighed and just watched the ball that was sitting idle below the ring.

Yejin sat beside him and looked at his face, "Idiot, do you think I'd look for you here only to argue?" She scoffed. "How are you feeling," she asked.

Yangyang looked down, "I don't feel so good," he admitted. "It's like, something is burning me inside, and I can't even cry or complain about it..." he said and rested his head on his knees.