eight

Chapter 8

"Hyunjin, have you tried calling her?" Yejin asked worriedly.

Hyunjin sighed and nodded, "I did, and she's not picking up..." he sat on the couch beside Sungchan. "I know it doesn't look like it but I'm really panicking."

"I tried calling Yangyang-oppa earlier and he isn't picking up," Jeongmin said. "Could it be?"

They all looked at each other before Yejin shook her head, "I don't believe it..." she said, standing up. "Daewon-ah, try calling Jeno."

"Why would you call her ex?" Hyunjin asked.

"She talked to him earlier before shit went down," she said. "And I believe that it has something to do with Jeno. I could be mistaken, but I think they're together right now."

"But Yiyeon-noona was doing a good job in moving on?" Sungchan said. "And she doesn't look like the type who would date her ex again."

"I mean, we all think that way," Daewon said. "But it doesn't mean that they won't be talking to each other. Especially when I'm hearing rumors that they're seeing each other again."

"What? Where did you hear that?" Hyunjin asked.

"Mark-hyung and Renjun," Daewon shrugged. "Those are just rumors, though. Besides, if they do date again, so what? Not like we can control them or anything..."

"Okay, enough about Jeno and Yiyeon. We haven't even found out where my cousin is yet here we are, opening another topic," Hyunjin sighed. "Daewon, try calling Jeno and I'll be asking Renjun."

The other guy nodded and dialed a familiar number on his phone.

***

"Don't you think it's time for us to go home? I've been receiving calls from Jeongmin and Hyunjin since earlier. Your brother must be worried..."

Yiyeon took a deep breath before shaking her head.

"I don't want to go home just yet," Yiyeon said while munching on her ramen. "You know, I was doing a good job in forgetting his existence yet the parking lot incident happened and everything went down," she chuckled.

Yangyang just listened to the girl who was eating in front of him. He would probably hear another earful from his mom, but he couldn't care less.

"He was with another girl that time but I didn't give a shit about who she was until yesterday," she said and looked down. "I didn't know how much it bothered me until yesterday when he drove all of us home."

"And I don't know, Yangyang. This feeling sucks, but I can't even do anything about it," she sighed and covered her face using her handkerchief. "It's been almost a month since we broke up, and I shouldn't be crying over the same shit, right?"

"I can't blame you, though," Yangyang crossed his arms as he leaned his back on the chair. "All you did was love someone, and we all saw how you lovedor maybe love Jeno."

Yiyeon just stared at nothingness while letting all of her tears flow, "I don't even know why I'm crying, damn." She laughed, which also made her friend laugh. "Maybe it's just the pent-up frustration? I don't even know..."