thirty seven

Chapter 37

Two weeks later.

Tuesday, October 10.

"Yiyeon-ah, wake up!" Yikyung barged inside his sister's room and moved all the curtains aside, letting the sunlight enter her room. "Yah!" He said as he shook his sister awake.

"What the hell?" Yiyeon groaned as she covered herself using the blanket. "Let me sleep, please... I know that it's Tuesday, but we don't have classes today."

Yikyung clicked his tongue and pulled the blanket, "It's not that! Yangyang, Sungchan, and Yejin are downstairs. They're looking for you. So if you want to look presentable, you should stand up and get ready." With that, he stood up and left the room.

The girl's eyes shot open as she quickly stood up, running towards the bathroom to brush her teeth and maybe fix her hair, too. She didn't bother to change into more presentable clothes as she ran downstairs, not wanting to make her friends wait any longer.

"What are you guys doing here? It's 7 am," she said as she approached the three who were busy drinking iced tea, it was probably Yikyung who made it. She hasn't seen Hyunjin yet.

"Yah, don't tell me that you've forgotten that today's my birthday?" Yangyang asked dramatically.

Yiyeon rolled her eyes, "How the hell am I supposed to forget when all that you've done for the past week is to remind us?" She scoffed. "Heck, I'm even the one who'll pick your cake up later."

"Okay, chill! I was just messing with you!" The boy laughed and stood up. "Is Hyunjin awake?"

She shook her head, "If he were, he would have been playing video games already."

 Yiyeon sat beside Sungchan and leaned her head on the shoulder of the younger. "Where are Daewon and Jeongmin?" She asked.

"Daewon-hyung was out for jogging earlier when we dropped by their house. Jeongmin was still asleep when we got there, so we went here," Sungchan replied. 

"Yiyeon-ah, have you looked at your grades for the midterms?" Yejin asked, shaking Yiyeon's shoulder.

Yiyeon sat properly and nodded. "Yeah, last night."

"So, how was it?" Yejin asked.

The other girl took a deep breath and shrugged, "Second in the class."

Yangyang and Yejin looked at each other, "Wait, what?!"

"That's not important now," Yiyeon said. "I'll get changed, and then I'll pick your cake up."