09||

"The enemy has been terminated, thus, our contract with the Port Mafia has ended." Ling Wen stood next to the pink haired woman, having just finished reading to her the latest report from the president's most favoured subordinate.

"Heh~ It was interesting to work with the Port Mafia. Wouldn't you say so, Ling Wen?" Kirino looked to her secretary who sighed, shaking her head.

She stated bluntly, "You didn't even speak with any of them." Gathering the papers by tapping them on the table, she then put them into a file.

Kirino ignored her statement, watching her secretary do her work, "What do you say we get some tea?" She stood up from her seat and placed a hand on her hip.

"I'll have to decline. There are still many reports waiting for me to look through." Ling Wen opened the door to let her boss exit the room.

"There's been an abnormal increase in illegal activity, huh? Ahh~ It's so peaceful up here, one could forget there was even a population down there~" Her secretary agreed with her, both looking out the window that decorates the outside of the huge floating structure.

The sea of clouds blocked their view of the ground below, causing them to be unable to see it. Kirino crossed her arms, looking out with unreadable emotions.

"How long will it be until disaster comes? Who will be the one to bring that disaster to an end? What role will we play by then?" Ling Wen remained silent with her eyes closed as her boss giggled.

"I hope you will still be by my side till then, Ling Wen." Said woman gasped inaudibly, her eyes showed evident shock.

Quickly composing herself, she turned to her boss who had a mischievous look, she sighed, "Please don't play with me like this, Natsuo. Unlike [L/n], I can't always understand what you mean."

The sun shined on both woman that stared at each other, an unspoken conversation taking place.

—————

"[L/n]-sama is so cool! I thought we were doomed when I heard some files went missing!" The news of their victory had spread throughout the organization.

"Right!? It's like it never even happened! She barely even took a week!" They talked amongst themselves with much exaggeration and admiration, astounded by their leader's skills. A little too indulged in their conversation, they failed to notice the person they were talking about and her assistant walk pass them.

She chuckled deeply, "People sure love muddling reality and imaginations." With her hands tucked into the long coat's pockets, she resumed her walk out the building.

Her assistant quizzically stared at her until she was at a distance, forgetting to catch up, "Wait for me, [Name]-san!" He quickly caught up.

His call for the woman reached the ears of the group that spoke of her, their hearts' almost jumped out of their bodies, "[L/..[L/N]-SAMA! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK!" They bowed in sync.

She dismissed them with a wave, "Thank you for yours too." Their hearts fluttered at the sight of her sweet smile, all fangirling and fanboying over the fact she spoke to them.

Having witnessed the group's behaviour, Yuichiro cringed, "What a bunch of creeps.." He then asked, "Huh? Is [Name]-san going somewhere?"

She nodded, "Did you forget? I have my own office out of this building now. I still haven't even organized or cleaned up anything yet.." She sighed, still having yet to decide on what to do with the lowest floor.

"Oh, I can help if you want." He suggested, but was declined.

"No thank you. There's still some stuff you need to do here, don't you? I'll be fine on my own." Bidding their goodbyes, the two went on to carry out their own duties.