19. PEOPLE HAVE REASONS

Long chapter ahead!!

💕💕💕

The scented candles, unlit today lined up the wooden staks in the room. The petals that decorated the room now were in the dustbin. The night that should have marked their reunion had witnessed only emotional confrontations and confessions. Although they hadn't made love, the love they had and felt for each other was immense. They had realised, marriage or relationship did not just need physicality as much as people portrayed it. Although it was an integral part of it, their emotional connect was the main lead since the two days of their marriage.

Raj sat there on the table with his laptop checking his mails, while Sonu kept on struggling to sleep. She kept on changing her sides trying to sleep, the table lamp didn't help with what she wanted. The room was not only hers now. She had to adjust, just the way he was trying to. He had given up his favourite side of the bed for her, only for the reason that it had a charging point. He couldn't help but notice her stirring so much in sleep. He hadn't observed this from past two nights. She usually got up in the same position as she slept. Not even had her hand or leg moved when they had cuddled each other to sleep after being married despite the hurdles. Something was off her. Maybe she couldn't digest Rhea kidnapping Maasi or her changing her own self for Ahaan. Maybe a conversation could help her either brush off the thoughts or get a clear picture. He was tired for the day too. He wanted to call it a day finally when he finished checking on the minute changes in the project report they had to submit. All thanks to his newly hired editor who made his work easier.

Closing the laptop, he sat by her side near her knees and caressed those frown lines on her forehead. She opened her eyes to find him smiling at her. She immediately sat up and whined like a small kid who couldn't sleep at night as they had dozed off in the afternoon.
"Raj, mujhe neend nahi aa rhi hai"

"I know. Tumhe dekhkar pata chal rha hai. Kya hua?? It was an exhausting day for you" Raj said softly stroking her hair.

"I know Raj. But mujhe na yeh confusions sone nahi de rhe hain".

"What confusions Sonu? Saara confusion toh clear ho gaya na. Ahaan bhaiya ki life se na toxicity chali gayi hai abhi. You should feel happy for him. Infact tumhe unke liye acchi ladki dhundhna chahiye".

"Rhea ne Maasi ko kyun kidnap karvaya? Cheepad aur bhai aisa kya bol rhe the ki Rhea ne gusse mein aakar Maasi ko kidnap kar liya?"

"Tumhe pata haina Sonu. Bhaiya uss din tak denial mein the aur Karthik ko toh tum jaanti hi ho. Ya toh bhaiya ko tease kar rha hoga ya phir Ishq waala love ya phir kya ho Rhea hai waala joke maar rha hoga. Maybe these days Rhea was becoming insecure." Raj stated while Sonu straightly nodded her head in a no.

"Nahi Raj. Yeh reason ho hi nahi sakta hai. You know jab hum idhar lodge aaye na, tab maine Rhea se baat ki thi. She was so sure about bhai. Vo itu sa bhi insecure nahi thi bhai ko lekar. Toh phir Karthik ke tease karne par vo chup chap maan gayi ki sab Ishqi ke saath Bhai ka future dekh rhe hain. Not possible Raj. Karthik toh yeh kabse chidaye Jaa Raha hai. Lekin usse kidnap tabhi karna tha jab Ishqi ki shaadi Mayank se tuti. Kahin Mayank ne Rhea ke dimag mein galat cheezein bharke yeh sab karvaya ho toh? Ishqi se revenge lene ke liye. Taki Rhea phas jaaye aur vo Bach Jaye par uska revenge pura ho" Sonu suspected making Raj stare at her in horror which was then followed by a chuckle.