"Don't talk about my mother."

"She was smart. A true Slytherin." She nodded. "She wouldn't have wanted you to spend time with the filth that you do."

I pulled my wand out instinctively, "Shut up!"

She looked at my wand before meeting my stare, "How dare you! I should have you expelled!"

"Go on, then." I stared at her, daring her to do it.

She stammered for what seemed like forever. "Detention, Ms. Fawley. For the next two weeks."

I didn't say anything.

"I'll see you in my office tomorrow." She turned on her heels. I watched as she walked away. I straightened my tie, turning to go to the infirmary.

"Foul bitch." I muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I collapsed on the couch next to Hermione, laying my head on her shoulder.

"Merlin, 'Mione," I groaned, "Kill me."

"We don't have enough time to plan the funeral." Ron chuckled from on the floor.

"What happened?" She asked, not looking up from her book.

"Just a long day." I sighed.

Harry sat down in an armchair next to the couch, "You're all coming to DA tomorrow, correct?"

"Can't." I groaned.

Hermione leaned away from me to make eye contact with me. "And why not?"

"I may or may not have detention," Hermione's eyes widened. "With Umbridge."

"What?" Ron's eyebrows furrowed, "You can't go Y/n, she'll hurt you."

"And what do you think she's going to do if I don't show up?"  I scoffed, "I have to go."

"What did you even do?" Hermione asked.

"I might have said a few unkind words to her." I shrugged.

Ron raised his eyebrows.

"I only called her childish," I shrugged, "And cruel and unjust. But that's it."

"Y/n!" Hermione gasped.

"Well, someone had to put her in her place, might as well be you, Y/n." Ron smiled.

"She also threatened to expel me." I muttered.

"What?" Hermione gasped.

"Alright, I take it back." Ron said, "How could you do that, Y/n?"

"What did you that would be bad enough to expel you for?" Hermione said in a panicky tone.

"I kinda threatened her." I muttered, all three of their jaw's dropped.

"But I only pulled out my wand," I said quickly, "I didn't even point it at her."

"Why would you do that?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"I had to," I defended myself.

"You always have a choice, you didn't have to do anything." Harry argued.

"Listen, you weren't there and you don't understand so you can't say anything." I looked around at their unconvinced faces.

"I just don't understand how you could be so careless-"

"She was talking about my mother, alright?" I cut Hermione off. Hermione closed her mouth, looking down.

"I'm gonna go," I muttered, "I've got to go study, anyways."

"Y/n, we-"

"Save it." I muttered.