seven

song: new magic wand by tyler, the creator

We step outside far away from Rafe to talk.

"Listen to me ok, I know you dont wanna hear this but Rafe is not good for you..." Sarah explains

"Sarah I know nothing is happening between us, please trust me." I lie to her 

I felt terrible lying this much but it was exciting with Rafe I felt on edge but he always kept me safe and I felt safe with him. I didn't like him he was annoying and a total ass but I didn't know how to explain what I felt it was hard. So I lied yeah I lied. 

"Ok I do but do you see how it looks?" 

"Yes but I have a explanation for everything." 

"Ok so why were you with him this morning?" she asked 

"Do you really want me to try and explain?" I say

"Yes." 

"Ok well I went to a party and got really drunk and did dumb stuff, nothing with Rafe he was with some other girl. Then I don't remember anything I just woke up in his bed this morning. He wouldn't really tell me much." I explain 

"Oh ok." She nods 

I walked home by myself to just be alone with my thoughts. I remembered I was hosting a party and just hoped that the word didn't get to Rafe because that was the absolute last thing I needed. 

I sat around all day journaling and cleaning the house preparing for the part it was now 8 pm an hour before the party so I decided to get ready. I applied light makeup and dark red cropped tank top and a black pair of jean shorts. 

By the time I finished up getting ready I heard a knock at the door it was 8:45 and the pouges were all here I let them all inside. 

"Hey guys, so who is all coming?" I ask 

"Well I told at least 20 people and told them to spread the word." JJ laughed 

"Really JJ?" I rolled my eyes jokingly 

It was 9 when people poured in by 9:15 at least 50 people were here so many kooks and pouges I knew it wouldnt end well. I set up some beers, a punch bowl, pool table, and volleyball out back. 

The party went pretty good I danced with my friends and had a blast unlike my previous parties...

Me and JJ were dancing laughing just having a good time when I saw him, he was with the usuals topper and kelce dead staring at me clenching his fist I looked away ignoring him. 

It was now 12 pm most people had left so we headed out back JJ got everyones attention the only people here still were JJ, Kie, Pope, JB, Topper, Sarah, Kelce, Rafe, and the blonde girl was was all up on Rafe at midsommars. JJ insited everyone sat down for a game of truth or dare we all agreed most of us drunk except me I hadnt drank a sip all night. 

We all ran down to the beach sitting in a circle and had a beer bottle to spin for who would ask who the question. 

JJ volunteered to go first he landed spun it landed on Sarah "Sarah truth or dare?" jj asked 

"Dare." she said 

"Oooo starting off strong.. ok I dare you to kiss John B." JJ laughed Topper clenching his jaw

"Really JJ so creative" She said rolling her eyes leaning over quickly kissing John B. 

Topper insisted on going next landing on John B. 

"Truth or dare?" topper asked

"Truth." John B. replied

"Is it true Sarah and you are fucking?" Topper snapped 

We all looked at eachother shocked 

"OK guys chill out someone spin." I say 

"i'll go" the blonde girl said sitting leaning her head on Rafes shoulder 

 It of course landed on Rafe he sighed 

"Rafe truth o-"

"Truth." He scoffed cutting her off 

"Who was your last kiss?" She asked thinking it was going to be her 

He looks directly at me putting his finger on his lip smirking "Not you." he scoffed

"Then who was it Rafe answer the question." She huffs

"Yeah Rafe shit I dont even know who it was?" Topper says confused

He nods his head at me and I widen my eyes putting my face down in my palms. Shit.

"WHAT? this must be some kind of sick joke." Kiara said standing up I stood up as well 

"No Kiara I swear it's not like that i-" I explain her cutting me off

"How is it not like that? You promised me, you lied to me." She smacked me across the face 

I don't follow her but my eyes cloud up as all of the pouges follow her Pope mouthing 'i'm sorry' 

I shake my head at Rafe who was just standing there watching my life basically fall apart because of him. 

I walk over to him "You fucking ruined this all of it!" I shout shoving him now sobbing 

"I-i didn't think your friends would react that way it was just a stupid kiss it meant nothing.." He said giving me a confused face

I just shook my head still crying barely able to catch my breath

 "I hate you." I shout he looked at me nodding and walked off 

Then I felt a hug from behind "Its ok come here your ok." It was Sarah she walked with me to her house as I continued to cry not saying a word she just walked with me. 

"You can stay the night with me if you want to" She says I nod sniffling as we walk inside her house straight to her room avoiding the chance of seeing Rafe. 

I lie down on her bed crying into her pillow she laid down next to me rubbing my back to comfort me. 

"Its ok do you wanna talk about it?" Sarah asked 

"Yeah sure, I mean it was midsummers and I left looking for him he wasn't at your house. So I waited for him in his room just to talk because I felt bad about leaving him and I was confused. So he got back and he had just been in a fight or something and was clearly high when we just kissed, once thats all." I sniffle, I considered telling her the truth but I didn't because it was too much.

"Oh. I'm not mad just tell me the truth next time because you know I will understand. That day after midsummers Rafe was so, so happy which I thought was weird but now it makes sense." She giggled 

We just layed there Sarah dozing off but I couldn't sleep. I looked over at the clock it was 2 am. That's when I heard a loud noise in the hallway I jumped out of bed and slowly opened the door a crack. 

I saw Rafe in the hall pacing around, his hair messy, he was talking to himself, and holding something in his hand I couldn't tell what his back was to me. 

When he went into his room shutting his door I ran out to the hall and saw the front door was open. I could see some sort of big truck, sort of like a semi truck. I crawled out quietly to see what the truck was. 

I went around to the crate on the back, or compartment thing. I tried opening it but there was a lock so I used a rock on the landscape and broke the lock making a pretty loud bang. I quickly opened it knowing Rafe would come soon to see what that noise was. 

 staring back at me was a young man, he was hurt blood everywhere, he was dead. I gasped widening my eyes they teared up as I backed up slowly trying not the scream. 

That's when I bumped into something, someone letting out a scream.