three

song: I feel like i'm drowning 

I run my hands through my hair ignoring whatever just happened. I checked my phone I have 10 missed calls from JJ and a bunch of messages, I dont reply. I would explain when I got there but what would I even say?

 I quietly hopped out my window shutting it almost all the way leaving my phone behind so it wasn't as obvious that I snuck out. I arrive to the boneyard and see them all running towards me, JJ, Pope, John B. and Kiara.

We all huddle together for a group hug and sit down on the beach around a bonfire they made up while waiting for me.

"You guys have NO idea how much I missed you!" I tell them smiling

"we missed you too, and have SO much to tell you!" Kiara says sitting next to me

We all catch up on silly stories we wanted to tell each other and they tell me about their crazy little adventures. That's when JJ had to bring it up.

"Uh so who was on the phone when they said 'don't call back shes busy'?" JJ says intrigued to get some dirty secret.

I panic trying to think of something to say anything but the truth. Everyone waiting for a response I finally giggle saying "It's not a big deal ok it was just the Camerons were over an-"

Kiara cuts me off "Oh god...don't say what I think you are going to say."

I sigh blurting out "It was Rafe." terrified of their reactions.

"Dammit why did he have your phone? You mackin on Rafe Cameron aren't you?" JJ says laughing.

"Shut up! You think I have that low of standards? Im deeply hurt." I say jokingly

We brush it off talking about other things for awhile and I find out John B. is sneaking around with Sarah Cameron.

"WHAT!? you and SARAH?" I say shocked that she didn't tell me

We all hang out a little longer finally saying our goodbyes. I'm walking off towards my house when Kiara runs up next to me. 

"Just swear you wont..wont do anything with Rafe don't even become 'friends' ok?" she says very serious 

"Yeah of course I know he is a douche but why do you care so much?" I say she sighs at me 

"I went to school with him remember my kook year, yeah he- I just know he was always getting into fights, screwing around with girls, and other stuff." 

"Oh... ok I could imagine, anyways see you soon!" I say waving as we part our ways.

The next few days were pretty much the same, hanging out with the Camerons and sneaking out to see the pouges at night. It was now thursday night Midsummers was tomorrow. I still didn't know who I was going with and wasn't excited to find out.

It was time for dinner and we all sat down in our usual spots me and Rafe still across from each other. Sarah seemed upset and so I asked what was wrong , she said she would explain later. 

My mom clanked her fork against her wine glass to gather everyone's attention "I wanted to just let you guys know we arranged for Y/n and Rafe to attend the midommars event together." She said eyeing me already knowing I was gonna throw a fit.

"no. Absolutely not." I blurt choking on my water 

Rafe didn't say anything he just smirked watching me get upset about it.