Jedi Council, Opera, Kashyyk

Start from the beginning

Obi Wan turns back he said "The council wants you both to report on all the chancellor's dealings" We walk close to the window "They want to know what he's up to" Anakin ask "They want us to spy on the chancellor" We face each other I said "But that's treason, sir" But Obi Wan said "We are at war, Anakin"

Anakin shake his head he ask "Why didn't the council give me this assignment when we were in session" I look to Obi Wan who said "This assignment is not to be on record" Anakin said "The chancellor is not a bad man, Obi Wan".

I frown slightly "He befriended me" Anakin moves a bit "He's watched out for me ever since I arrived here" I look to Obi Wan who said "That is why you must help us" He stares at Anakin "Anakin, our allegiance is to the senate, not to its leader, who has managed to stay in office long after his term has expired".

Anakin just said "The senate demanded that he stay longer" I think for a moment Obi Wan said "Yes, but use your feelings, Anakin" I raise my head "Something is out of place" I look to Anakin I said "I'm afraid he's right Anakin" Anakin looks to me "Something is wrong here" Anakin cross his arms he sighs walks to the window he said "You're asking me to do something against the Jedi code..."

He looks out the window "...against the Republic, against a mentor and a friend" Anakin turns to us "That's what's out of place here" He stares "Why are you asking this of me" I look at Obi Wan who said "The council is asking you" I took a breath I said "I may be on the council Anakin" He looks to me "But I have no saying to do this" Anakin nods slightly to me I turn to Obi Wan "I'll help".

3rd POV

Obi Wan is in a Gunship with Windu and Yoda they sit down Obi Wan said "Anakin did not take to his new assignment with much enthusiasm" Windu turn his head he ask "What about Axel" Obi Wan said "He has decided to help us" Windu nods he turns said "It's very dangerous, putting them together" Yoda feels his head "I don't think the Anakin can handle it" He lowers his hand "I don't trust him" Obi Wan said "With all due respect, Master, is he not the chosen one".

That got my attention "Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force" Windu said "So the prophecy says" Yoda said "A prophecy that misread could have been" Obi Wan, and Windu look to Yoda as Windu and Obi Wan both nod in understanding Obi Wan said "He will not let me down" I glance at him "He never has" Yoda said "I hope right you are" The Gunship lands a ramp is lowered Yoda walk off the ramp to meet the Wookiee leader Tarffel who grunts.

Meanwhile Anakin and Padme are sitting together Anakin sighs he said "Sometimes I wonder what's happening to the Jedi order" He turn his head "I think this war is destroying the principles of the Republic" Padme stares at him she ask "Have you ever considered that we may be on the wrong side" Anakin looks at Padme confuse he ask "What do you mean"?

Padme ask "What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we've been fighting to destroy" Anakin shake his head he said "I don't believe that" He stares at her "And you're sounding like a separatist" Padme said "This war represents a failure to listen".

She leans in "Now you're closer to the chancellor than anyone" Padme shakes her head "Please, ask him to stop the fighting and let diplomacy resume" Anakin raise his hand he said "Don't ask me to do that" Anakin gets up walks forward he turns raise his arm "Make a motion in the senate, where that kind of a request belongs".

He lowers his arms and Padme stares she ask "What is it" Anakin said "Nothing" He turn his head and Padme said "Don't do this" She stands up "Don't shut me out" She walks over to Anakin "Let me help you" She puts a hand on his arm Anakin turns staring Padme leans "Hold me" She puts her hands on his chest softly "Like you did by the lake on Naboo".