5 - Music

Music for the series was credited to Kentaro Heneda (Space Cobra, Sherlock Hound) and Koji Makaino (Xabungle, Perisa, the Magic Fairy). 2086 also redubbed additional music from the Barry Gray library, plus occasional bursts of Derek Wadsworth's score for Space:1999's second season – as well as several sound effects, most notably the Moonbase Alpha travel tube sound on the opening titles. Here are the soundtracks from the series.

Among the Barry Gray score of Gerry Anderson episodes sprinkled throughout the series are;

Stingray; - Stingray  - Plant Of Doom -The Golden Sea - Emergency Marineville

Thunderbirds; - Trapped In The Sky  - End Of The Road - Sun Probe   -Thunderbirds Are Go!

Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons; - The Mysterons - Winged Assassin - Operation Time

Joe 90; - Arctic Adventure

Doppelganger (1968)

UFO;  - Identified - Survival - The Square Triangle

Space: 1999; - Breakaway

It would be too numerous to name all the different episodes that had all the tracks from Barry Gray scores as they feature in every episode. I do however like the score of Thunderbirds 2086 very much though, as well as Gray's music. And often look out for which compositions of his I can hear. Tracks that turned up include the Thunderbirds Fast Music, and even the Mysteron theme that was used for the series' main villain Starcrusher, as mentioned in the previous chapter. I do also enjoy the score very much to the original Japanese them too. The music helps convey the sense of terror and danger that is accounted for in the series.