«02» Please... friend?

.Jimin.

He ran out of the class as fast as his little legs could take him, he just needed to get out of there to escape his racing heart. He convinced himself that his beating heart was because of how fast he ran out of there right? It was because of the running, not anything to do with Namjoon or anyone else in that class. Nope nothing to do with that at all, besides he had to run out of there because unlike some people he had to study for an upcoming project with an old silent film. A lot of prep needed to go into it so he went down to the cafe which usually was always filled with calm students drinking coffee and working.

It was like a library and everyone respected that, he didn't order anything because he didn't want to stand in the long line. He would rather go try to secure a really nice quiet spot on the second floor so that he could really focus. He started up the stairs hearing the old wood creak underneath his feet, the added weight from his demons over his shoulder. He felt a weight release off his shoulders when he went to sit down in his spot, right at the window facing down by a small pond they have in the campus square. Ducks constantly run through the water, he actually let a small smile pass his lips when he saw the baby ducklings following their mom. His smile dropped however when a large shadow came overhead shadowing everyone. No one seemed to see it as it was all a part of Jimin's mind, or that's what he tells himself.

A face appeared out of the clouds and he was stunned he couldn't look away even when he was trying really hard. The sound of a blender caught him off guard and his head snapped over to the empty second floor taking a deep breath as he settled back into reality. He shook his head, closing his eyes tight before beginning to take his stuff out of his bag, his laptop, pens, a notebook, everything he needed. It wasn't long before a shadow appeared over his notebook as he wrote his entry.

« Not again, please just leave me alo- » He looked up accepting it to be just a shadow or nothing visual just the sense of a person there but no, actually a tall man leaned over. He instantly tried to shut up and smile just a little knowing who it was but still not wanting to say anything.

« I'm sorry, I can go. » With that the taller male turned to walk away and that's when Jimin's heart dropped a strange sensation rushed through his body and he picked up his hand without noticing.

« Wait... Namjoon! I'm sorry you can stay if you want, I mean it's nice studying with natural light. » He looks out the window to see everyone walking to class before turning to Namjoon who had already turned back around with a welcoming smile.

« Oh well I wasn't going to study but I saw you walk in here and didn't order anything so I thought I would bring you hot chocolate. » He didn't want to admit he ran after the younger as soon as the class was over but that's what he did. He thought he lost him until he saw him scurry up to the second floor.

« I asked them to put raspberry syrup in it. I don't know if you like that but I thought it would be good. » Shock was definitely on Jimin's face when Namjoon sat in front of him sliding one of the hot cups towards his direction on the table.

« Have you been stalking me? I mean did you know this was my favorite drink? » It was weird that he didn't get him a latte or an americano but he knew to get hot chocolate, why? An expression of guilt washed over Namjoon's face then shame and embarrassment.

« No I... I swear I didn't, you just didn't seem like a coffee person to me and besides it's my favorite drink so I thought you would like it too. » He tried to smile, he definitely sounded creepy and he didn't want to come across that way but the younger one just giggles shaking his head and warming his hands on the outside of the hot cup.

« It's fine, I feel like I'm the odd one out here anyway so I just assume everyone is looking up dirt on me. I mean come on everyone here went to the same high school or saw each other around town. I'm just a kid who decided to come here to get away and everyone wants to know why. » This town was weird with that, everyone knew everyone and of course he was some off the street weird kid no one wanted to talk to.

« What do you take me as? I'm not like other girls. » He joked laughing as he took a big gulp of his drink, Jimin actually laughed at the smile lingering on his lips a bit longer than he wanted.

« What I mean is that I'm not from here either, I'm just a random kid from Busan. I don't know anyone here but I still made friends. » He didn't mean for that to come out harsh but it kinda did, he immediately felt bad when he saw Jimin bite his bottom lip in embarrassment.

« I guess I just don't know how to make friends really, but wait I'm from Busan too how come I've never seen you? » He questions, he kind of looks familiar but he didn't remember his name was Namjoon or really what he looked like. Besides when he was actually in Busan he didn't really look up from the ground long enough to recognize faces.

« I don't know, I kind of remember seeing you some time in high school but not really. » He lied, he totally remembered him but he thought he was a really bad kid, I mean look at the group he hung around with. That group was always together so it was easy to lump Jimin into that without getting to know him.

« Well I don't remember you at all but I can see why. » He rolled his eyes at the memory, he didn't want to think about it so he didn't he just looked back to his notebook and started writing again.

« Hey, I'll leave you alone now but I want to invite you to a little study party. I host one every couple months or so. Me and my friends like to catch up on what we learned so far and would love it if you joined. » Namjoon smiled as Jimin just looked confused, he was never invited to anything so this was very weird. Why was he being so nice all of a sudden, he had so long to introduce himself but he chose now as winter break was sneaking up on all of them.

« It's okay, I really enjoy studying by myself. » He didn't look up from his page, he didn't want to seem like the loser who never gets invited to anything. He is the loser but he didn't want to portray himself that way especially to someone he just met,

« Listen, I don't need the answer right now, I just want you to think about it... here. » He reached his hand out and Jimin knew what that meant. He handed his pen over to the older and pushed his notebook towards him so he could write.

« This is my number as well as my apartment address. We are having the study session this Saturday at noon. If you want to show up we'll be happy to have you and if you don't, no worries. But please text me whenever you want. » He put a little heart next to his phone number before standing up, Jimin grabbed his notebook back to see the little heart but before he could look up or say goodbye he was gone. Just like the shadows of his past and well his future, gone.

He hated this already, he was invited somewhere by someone who obviously wants to see him as a friend. He can't have any friends not right now anyway, not when he's plagued by his demons from the past. He didn't want to put anyone's life in danger especially if his so-called friends from high school found him. Granted they are all in prison for unrelated charges but they could get out at any time and just find him easy just like that.That's why he chose not to have any other friends and not like it's his choice anyway no one really likes him or talks to him. Unlike today when Namjoon tracked him down to invite him over, he did run out of class so how did Namjoon find him that fast. Was he a creep and stalked him and knew where he liked to hide or did he also run out of the class to find him.