'Y/n!' You heard him say from the other side of the phone, his voice sounded weak and croaky

'how are you today my dear? Wasn't Chaeyoung's bachelorette last night?'

'Yeah it was but I'm home now, um what do you want?'

'I'm not feeling too well today, I have some projects that need to be green lighted and signed off on at the office, could you do it for me? I promise I'll pay you for the time'

'No problem, I'll be there, take care of yourself'

'Send my love to Jennie'

You hung up, finally you had an excuse to not spend the entire day with Jennie even if it meant more work, maybe a heavy distraction like that would be nice.

You walked into the kitchen and stood in the doorway, watching Jennie wash up a plate, bubbles and water covering her hands.

'I've got to go into work' You said loudly grabbing the girls attention 'my dad isn't feeling too well'

'Oh ok' Jennie turned around to face you, she seemed mildly irritated 'its sad because I thought we could watch movies in bed all day, I even brought popcorn'

'I don't think that would have been the best idea in the first place...'

'Then maybe I could come into work with you, help you get what you need to do done quicker'

'No its fine, I can cope myself, I should be back before dinner though'

'Great then we can have dinner together, I'll make something'

'Fine, I guess I'll see you later then'

'Have a good day'

You couldn't understand why Jennie was being so pushy about spending time with you, you would much rather be in your own company than have to sit around with the girl that you were desperately trying to leave behind you. You could sense both of you falling back into another cycle of closeness to try and dissolve your own loneliness, whenever that happened at least one of you came out heartbroken- you were not going to let that happen again.

You changed into the work clothes and made your way out the door. As you left you could hear the shower running and Jennie softly singing under the warm water. You leant against the bathroom door blushing, why did you have to work when the girl behind that door sounded so sweet. Just because you were moving on didn't mean you wouldn't kill to be with her right now, you fought your urges to compliment her through the door before you left. You knew Jennie's voice would be ringing in your ears for the rest of the day.

For the rest of the day you sat at your desk, sending off documents and signing off of new ideas and deals.

It wasn't too hard of work but at the end of the day you found yourself exhausted, it was already six pm and you were ready to go to bed, at least you could grab some food when you got home. Your eyes focused on the wedding photo you kept on your desk, you really needed to get a better photo of you and Jennie, this one reminded you of when you didn't like each other yet it was still the only one you had.

As you finished signing the documents you heard a knock on the door, you assumed it would just be your dad's assistant telling you you had a few more documents to sign before you could leave.

'Come in' You called out, packing the files away, the door opened and you were surprised to see Jisoo, Chaeyoung's stepsister standing there. Her face was bright, her rosy coloured cheeks shone in the natural light of the office 'Hey, what are you doing here?'

'Chaeyoung wanted me to see how her dresses were going and she needed to me tell the designers that she wanted parts changed' Jisoo awkwardly laughed, walking over to where you were 'since I was here I thought that maybe I could see if you were ok, you left quickly this morning'