Ch.4: Investigation At Night

Start from the beginning

Marina: Alright I need to get back to work I'm calling you when I have new information.

Marie: Ok, I will see you around.

And with that Marie ended the call and put her laptop away. I waited a few minutes before returning to the entrance and then I started walking toward Marie. As I come closer she begins to notice me.

Marie: Ah good morning Agent 4.

(Y/N):... Ah good morning...

It instantly fell to silence the greetings and interaction between us were always a little awkward.

Marie: So you feeling alright?

(Y/N):... Nothing to worry about...

And it fell right back into silence. Man, I need to step up my game here, it's just I hadn't had the chance to have full-on conversations back then. There are so many things I need to learn about. I never had the chance or the choice to learn and even now I'm limited on time-

Marie: Alright if you are really fine then let's get back to the mission.

Now she did something that surprised me a little she grabbed my arm and tucked me into the next zone.
I guess it was an attempt to get closer to me maybe with that, she hopes to get more info for Marina. This whole thing doesn't sit well with me even though I mostly know her intentions. The most concerning thing is that Marina is involved here too somehow. She grows more suspicious by the minute, and honestly speaking my curiosity is spiking. I guess tonight calls for some investigation, let's hope it's not too exhausting today

*Time Skip*

After defeating the pushover that was the Octo Samurai the sun began to set.

Marie: Alright Agent 4 I think you've done enough for today you can take a break and come back tomorrow.

(Y/N): ...Alright if this is everything I will take my leave...

Marie: ...Ok...

There was the awkward silence again but I quickly turned around and left. When I took a quick glance behind me I saw a saddened look on Marie's face at this point I don't even know if she was faking it or not, but to figure that out was not my goal today there is some investigation to do. 

*Time Skip*

With the little money I got, I rented a taxi and drove near the mansion of Pearl which was now shrouded in darkness except for the multiple lights hanging from the mansion. With a quick look, I noticed a lot of cameras at the front door and garden.

(Well there's no way I just walk in from the front.)

I started walking near the end of the mansion which took about 40 minutes.

(Man this Mansion is huge I will never understand rich people.)

Near the end of the mansion, I saw a pool area that was decorated with some pillars holding a roof over the pool making it kinda indoors which was, fortunately, equipt with only two cameras. I quickly jumped over the fence and took advantage of the massive pillars near the mansion and the blind spots of the cameras and stepped quickly towards the wall of the mansion. I looked for any opened windows or other ways to get in, with my luck staggering today I found an opened window on what I assumed was the second floor.

(This is my chance!)

I took a huge leap towards the window and climbed the rest until I reached the window. It was rather dark and my strength was starting to leave me so I jumped in the window as quietly as possible. When I landed I quickly looked around me, I made out the surroundings of a bed and assumed I was in a bedroom. 

(I made it! Stealthy as ever.)

After that, I quickly made out two doors one to my right where I could see light coming out underneath I also heard the water running, and the other in front of me. Assuming the door to my right was a bathroom I quickly made my way to the door in front of me.

I quietly opened the door and looked out I saw a dark hallway. I made my way through the dark hallway so as to not get caught by whoever was in the bathroom. It didn't take long before I arrived at a huge lobby of some kind there were also stairs leading down.

(If the bedrooms are on the second floor then maybe their working and important stuff are way down on the first floor.)

With that, I made my way down the stairs to the first floor I quickly made out the right corner that seemed to be a living room with a large table, a couch, and a tv. On the left was a corner resembling a kitchen and other than that were multiple doors to choose from.

(This is going to be a long one...)

I opened the first one that came to my vision it was some kind of hobby room that seems to be full of video games, large tv, arcade machines, and consoles.

(I only read about this stuff in a newsletter it seems very popular with teens. Well other than that there's nothing interesting here gotta keep looking.)

After opening two more doors I reached a recording room which in itself isn't that surprising but what caught my eye was the half-opened laptop laying there. I opened it to find it unlocked.

(Man this just keeps getting better and better.)

As I looked through it I realized fast that this was Marina's laptop as I found a chat with Marie on it.

(So they really knew each other just as I assumed. Mhh what's this?)

I found a folder that was locked behind a password it was just titled ,,8''.

(Now we're getting to the interesting stuff let's try this passwo-)

My words were cut short as I saw the light in the lobby turn on and footsteps and voices walking down the stairs.

Marina: Please Pearl I swear I heard an animal jump into my room while I was taking a shower!

Pearl: You imagining things again Marina look we haven't seen an animal so far.

(StEaLtHy aS eVeR...)

Pearl: Look we will go through the mansion once and I will show you there was nothing there. If that makes you feel better.

Marina: Yeah thanks Pearlie.

(Well, and here comes my staggering luck crashing down on me)

-End-

Words:1670

(A/N) Hope you like this chapter and sorry for the long wait := .