~47~

Summer's POV

We approached the stage and listen to Mrs Mullins.

"Okay students so the prom king of the year 2021 is... Freddy Huerta !"

We all looked Freddy and he seemed confused but get on the stage. Mrs Mullins put a crown on his head.

"And now the prom queen is... Summer Hathaway ! Congratulations Summer !"

My world stopped for a minute. I didn't know what to do or what to say. Tomika woke me up by shaking me.

"Summer, you have to go on the stage. It's your glory moment."

"But you deserve it more than me"

"Nope, and you just prove it"

"How ?"

"You always think about the others before thinking about yourself"

I smiled at her and went on the stage. The principal put the crown in my head and smiled at me.

"Now it's time for the traditional King and Queen dance"

I looked at Freddy and smiled. Hopefully he was the king so I didn't have to dance with somebody else.

"Will you dance with me my queen ?"

"With pleasure my king"

Perfect by Ed Sheeran started to play and we started dancing. We both glared at each other and it felt epic.

Freddy's POV

I'm so lucky to have her in my life. She is my sun, my light and my reason to wake up every day. I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

Wait, I know what I should do. Plus tomorrow is Christmas and we prepared a party.

I'm going to ask her to marry me.