2: my crowns hides my tears

Hundreds of eagle-fights to the north-west, crossing the Cold Woods and the Wolves Rocks, the capital of the Pocket Kingdom was quietly enjoying the clear night.

The two of the three moons were visible above the region of Pocketville, Its peaceful green hills were immoble on their places like sleeping giants.

The homonymous city, which happened to be the main city of the whole Kingdom, was instead animated by a festive atmosphere: the Pit Square was filled of diurnals and nocturnals, hanging around and noisily chatting to each other.

The whole town was crowded and pleasurably restless: shops were still open, the roads were lit by colorful lanterns and candles, walls and windows were set up with flowers and flags.
Merchants and travellers filled hotels and shelters, no bed was empty, their hawkers were left in the safe roads, waiting to be set the next morning.
Roundabouts and playgrounds were prepared nearby.

One symbol was visible everywhere:  a paw-shaped drawing, inside the one was drawn a star. It was the national flag of the Pocket Kingdom, the same reproduced in golden metal on the top of the highest tower of the Castle.

Pocketville was ready for a feast event, a joyful day that everyone wished for: noblecats from every Court of the kingdom, Duke and Duchess, Princesses and members of the Royal Family arrived in the capital to meet the Monarch.
Once at year, on the second sunset after the Spring Eclipse, Princess Ava welcomed into her Palace the minor nobles that ruled on the lands of the Kingdom in her name.
There, they all joined long meetings during the ones they exposed and learned about any problem relating their roles, news, needing or warning, and acting as consequence.
At the end of it, gorgeous banquets and ballades were celebrated with all the honours, honoring the peace of the kingdom.
The Castle was decorated in the most gorgeous way, inside and outside, as well as the Magic Fountain and the Gardens.
Beautiful carriages filled with flowers were parked behind the castle, exposing the colors of each place they were from; the Steeds were partying all together inside the luxurious Stables.

It was for sure a political event, but, as a tradition in the Pocket Kingdom, it was turned into an occasion to party and meet new people: pets and animals from every land always travelled for long distance and stay in the capital for two days and two nights, bringing with them traditional products, music, spectacles and food.
It was beautiful to see traditions, dialects, scents and tastes to meet and party together, without caring about differences or prejuditions.

Everyone was happy.
No one really cared about sleeping, because school, jobs or any duty was stopped for joining the festival.
It was time to have fun, after a long time of darkness.

Happiness.
Joy.
Peace.

It was something worth being felt by everyone.
But someone there wasn’t.

Every window of the Castle was closed to keep the warmth inside, but the golden light of chandeliers and torches lit each of them like precious gemstones.
Except for one: on the top of the towers, in the highest point of the Royal Suite, all the tall windows of the circular room under the dome were obscured by rich and heavy curtains. 

It was the private bedroom of the Princess herself, but that night still kept the target of rescrict zone where no one but the Monarch was allowed to enter. Neither the noble guests.

Light was soft, only a few of the candles in the chandelier were burning.
The fireplace and the aromatic sticks were making everything more warm and safe, the air smelt of perfumes and dusty tissue.
The Pocketpedia was immoble on the ancient wood of its shelves, no magic was activated and the books lay there as any other lifeless object.