Chapter Thirty- Seven

After a breathe taking ride on the London Eye, Mason and I walked a few blocks so we were back to Big Ben. Mason took a few pictures of me grinning at the camera with the clock tower behind me. And after that, I insisted he ask a stranger to take a picture of the both of us, so he ended up asking some elderly lady.

Then we decided to go to a small diner, where we got a window seat and a beautiful view of Big Ben. I look at the menu reading almost everything on the enitre menu before deciding what I wanted. We ordered and made small talk until Mason decided to bring up a big subject.

"Do you mind if I ask something about Amerca?" He asks biting his lip as if he is afraid i'll break down. I nod, "of course, go ahead."

He sighs, furrowing his eyebrows like he's thinking hard about something. "Did you like it? Was it a nice place?" I think of all the memories I had there. Unpleasent ones. Overall it's certainly a nice place, but maybe it was just a place that I didn't belong. All my life I was supposed to be in England, born and raised like one of the Brits. Instead, an unlucky situation took over and put me in a place that wasn't meant to be mine. He shouldn't be asking me.

"It's a nice place. I didn't get to explore it though. I don't think I was ever meant to be there, it was just unlucky fate that brought me there. But overall, it's nice for someone who belongs there." Mason nods looking at his folded hands resting on the table.

"Why'd you ask?" I ask him cirious to hear what's on his mind and what the reason behind his question was.

He sighs sitting back into his side of the booth making himself comfortable. "I don't know, I was thinking of taking Beth there for a vacation of some sort. But she's never left the United Kingdom. I'd say the furthest she's ever been from home is Ireland. It was a three day trip and she went with her sister." He shaks his head. "I doubt she'll ever agree to going to America with me."

"What's stopping you from asking her?" I ask. He shrugs, "I don't know. I guess I don't want her to be afraid." The way Mason talks about Beth is amazing. There's a certain sparkle in his eyes, like he could go on and on about her and never get tired of the subject. But what's even better is his care. He cares about something that no one else might even think of. It's sweet, but it makes me think of Carson and I don't know why.

"Theres nothing for you or her to be afraid of-"

"But she's never left the United Kingdom!" Mason intterupts me. He looks stressed now, though I was unsure before, I'm sure now. I wonder how long he's been thinking about this.

"Does it sound like I've ever left the United States?" Over the course of the almost two weeks, I've told Mason little chunks of my story from where it all began, but this time I'm taking it slow. I'm telling my story slowly making it more of a valuable story then anything. So, when I say that, Mason knows exactly what I mean. "No," I answer for him. "I hadn't, this is the furthest I've ever been from home, well, I mean." I stop. How is it easy to explain that I feel so far from home yet I am home.

"That doesn't matter. What I'm trying to say is that it's okay that she's never been all that far from home, but the world is sitting here, with so many stories to tell and experiances to give, and us humans are like a ticking bomb. We only have so many days in our lifetime, so stop being cautious and take chances, because trust me, when you're old and no longer able to see what the world has to offer, you're going to regret taking the chances you had the option to take." I take a deep breathe of frustration. I barely can even comprehend what I just said. I thought I had control of what I was saying but I guess I just got lost into the moment. Or maybe my mind was trying to tell me something. Take the chances while you still have them.