I could feel myself falling deeper and deeper into a state of shock and there was no way of escaping it. I tried to stand up but overestimated my balance and stumbled back against the large windowsill. I considered my options, of course, I would have opened it and jumped... plummeted... I don't know- did anything to get away from her.

But seriously, what type of window doesn't open? Sorry, that was a stupid question. Windows belonging to intelligent individuals known as psychopaths are sealed shut... so nobody can hear the screams of their victims.

The woman I loved couldn't have done this, but there she stood in front of me, biting down on her perfectly full lips so smugly, so tauntingly. I had kissed those, revelled in her sweetness and fooled myself with the idea that our time had finally come.

"Hey, a girl can change her mind you know? As soon as I saw Jimin standing on that roof, willing to clean up my mess even after I broke his heart, I made a momentary decision that turned out to be one of the best choices I've ever made. Killing Tae made me successful." The laugh that poured out of her slender frame was unsettling as she walked around the room, dragging her fingers along the meticulously organised surfaces. "You think I still love that son of a bitch? God no, I'm just stubborn and don't like to lose. Tae's probably rolling in his grave watching people swoon over our sweet Parisienne reunion."

I tried to think of any clues that I could have missed but she was too bright, too sharp. A girl like her wouldn't have slipped up on a single thing. But maybe that was a clue in itself - psychopaths always are the smartest people in the room.

"You made everyone root for you and Jimin, for us?" I managed to conjure up the confidence to say. "You convinced everyone that Diana and Tae were better together and for what?"

"Wrong. I never wrote the chapters about Tae and Dotty. They're all from the witch herself. It was her dream to become an author, and I stole it. Now look at me, all successful whilst she's dead in a ditch. It feels fucking amazing."

"The book is hers?" That would make a lot of sense.

"Couple passages and chapters here and there, but everyone's favourite chapters are the ones I wrote so I don't really care. You know there's this thing called smut and people go mad for it?"

I remember watching Diana writing away on her little typewriter. The girl always lounging with a book in her hand and a snack in the other. She spent so much time and effort making something of herself, to once again be in Satine's shadow.

Satine stood with her shoulder against the bookshelf, looking proud and downright evil. I barely recognised her in that moment, and it wasn't even the blonde hair that threw me off, it was the idea that the girl I once knew was always one step ahead. She was a liar, a murderer, a master manipulator and there was nothing I could do to stop her.

"You're crazy."

"Now, now, Jungkookie, look what happened to Tae. You wouldn't want that to be you, huh?" Her pink lips separated to show her pearly white teeth. "Haven't you heard? You should never call a crazy person, crazy."

I wanted to know how she did it, how she was able to get away with it all, but I suppose a part of me already knew. I wasn't even sure if I wanted an answer to my next question, but I also sure as hell wasn't dying today without one.

"What was real and what was fake?"

"It's been so long! Why do you even care?"
Her tongue poked out from between her teeth once the realisation hit. She knew why.

"Please, just tell me... You owe me that much." Why was I trying to reason with a lunatic?

"Ugh," she rolled her eyes, "well I sure as hell ain't French. My maid Maria spoke the language whilst I was growing up, so I picked it up quickly. Though, I did slip up that time at Freddie's, the night you took me home. Whoopsie."