Chapter 5: Him

As soon as I reached the floor, I walked around in a room of complete silence. The floor was empty. Everything was quiet. As silent as the grave. I looked around to see if I could ask anyone for directions. There were coffee and water machines on the right on me. Yet not a single person to guide me. I still remember that day, the entire vibe of the place was scary for me. 

Perhaps because it was my first time , or maybe it was my gut feeling that was making me nervous. Nervous about something that was about to change my life?

As I was looking around the place, Suddenly I noticed a long hallway on my left. It was deep like a cave, so dark, yet so many bright lights were present to illuminate the corners of that passage.

 It was deep like a cave, so dark, yet so many bright lights were present to illuminate the corners of that passage

I waited for some time before proceeding in that direction. It was no less than a horror movie, but I had to move on to ask someone before getting late for my first day. I kept moving forward. There were many rooms in the hallway. I tried to find some instructions, but I couldn't see any.

As soon as I crossed one of the rooms, I could see a bright red light flashing over it. I continued to explore the other rooms because I didn't feel like going inside.

In that sudden moment, I could hear someone hailing me from across the hallway

In that sudden moment, I could hear someone hailing me from across the hallway. The sound was not clear; in fact, it was not even loud, but I could hear it again and again. I turned around to see a security guard waving at me. 

He was an old man, completely dressed in a uniform, and seemed as if ready for a mission. I looked behind me to see if he was looking for someone else, but that call seemed definitely for me.

As I was far away from him, I couldn't hear him clearly, so I pointed my hands towards my documents, trying to tell him that I was a new employee looking for room no. 615. The man didn't seem to understand and continued waving at me while I listened earless to his words.

I tried to convey the same thing to him again, but he was too reluctant to understand. He kept getting aggressive and started walking towards me. I began to panic, so I started walking towards him.

Suddenly he stopped midway, a few metres away from me, and checked his watch. At that exact moment, the red light in that room turned off.

The man rushed towards me quickly, as if all hell had broken loose. He pulled my hand forcefully and dragged me away from the hallway. I was petrified of his behavior and tried to ask him what was the matter.

He stopped and yelled back at me.

"What on Earth are you doing here? Who authorised you to enter this place? Where is your id?"

I asked him to calm down, as I was gasping for air. My heart was racing so fast that I felt as if I would faint. I told him everything, and all that time he was just trying to push me away from the place. As if he was trying to hide me from someone. I felt as if I invaded someone's place, which I wasn't allowed to.

He kept looking at the hallway and told me to take the elevator to the other wing and leave as soon as possible. Before I could even ask him what the matter was, he rudely pushed me towards the elevator and pressed the button repeatedly.

I knew he was frightened for something , but what could make someone so scared. I didn't bother to ask much as I was confused in that scenario as well.

The elevator arrived, I rushed inside.

As I turned around and pressed the button, I could see the security guard speaking to someone very gently

As I turned around and pressed the button, I could see the security guard speaking to someone very gently. He was all calmed down and greeting someone with a smile.

The doors of the elevator began to close, and I sneaked a little to see what was going on. As the doors were about to shut, I caught a faded sight of a man wearing a black pullover and black trousers. He was smiling at the guard while having his left hand in his pocket. The conversation seemed very friendly between the two.

As soon as that man turned around and looked towards me, the doors of the elevators closed.

To be continued..