Inessa lowered her gaze. This man was intimidating with his muscular frame and dominant personality but exceedingly attractive with his sharp, rugged look and mysterious aura.

"I...I wanted to know something," his eyes moving everywhere but on her. Inessa waited for him to speak further. 

"You know any Natalie Moore?" he asked her. Inessa furrowed her brows in confusion. She had never heard of this name before. Her reaction puzzled Danzel. She shook her head in no. His gaze without meaning dropped to her breasts. Apparently, she wasn't wearing any bra under her t-shirt and her nipples were poking through her shirt. A flicker of lust flared inside him. With great difficulty, he moved his gaze up.    

"Are you sure?" he asked her, feeling distracted by her pebbled tits. Oblivious to his thoughts, she gave him a single nod.

"Alright," Danzel remarked and turned to leave but before he could move, she grabbed his arm, making him halt. 

He turned and looked at her. Inessa left his arm instantly. 

She asked him if he had found any lead. 

"Not yet but very soon. The culprit will be soon in my clutches and when he will be, I'll make sure he beg for death," Danzel gritted out in determination. Whoever has killed his brother had called doom upon himself. He wouldn't kill him, no, that would be too merciful. He would make his life a living hell.  

His icy tone caused a shudder to pass through her spine. Inessa licked her lips.

"Sleep," Danzel said and turned but not before sneaking a quick glance at her chest. He wasn't going to get any sleep tonight, he mused walking out her door. 

How could have he slept knowing she was just a room away. It was torture. The visuals of what he saw a while ago played over and over in his mind, tormenting him to no end. His fingers longed to touch her, his mouth craved to kiss her, and his cock ached to penetrate her. He let out a deep sigh and got up. He grabbed a cigarette and walked up to his balcony. Lighting it up, he took a long drag of it, staring off in the black sky. It was going to be a long night, a very long night.

The next morning, he found Inessa in the kitchen, preparing breakfast, all alone. She paused when she heard his footsteps. She turned around and rewarded him with a small smile. His heart fluttered delightfully. She looked beautiful despite her puffy eyes and exhausted face. 

She asked him to wait at the table as the breakfast was almost ready. Danzel silently turned towards the table. He sat in his chair and returned his focus on her. His eyes followed her every move intently. She seemed a skilled cook. Danzel didn't know much about her as he purposely ignored her all these years, hoping his feeling would fade away with time. He now realized that the joke was on him. She was the reason he moved to the US. It was better than seeing her with his brother. She was his brother's and he loved his brother too much to hurt him, so he let go. 

His thoughts got interrupted by a soft thud. He looked down and found his plate in front of him, loaded with scrambled egg, tartine, and black coffee. He took a sip of his coffee and looked up at her in surprise. The coffee was just his taste. No sugar, and brewed perfectly. 

"How do you know I like it without sugar?" he asked, confused. Inessa told him that Andrei had mentioned it once in a casual conversation. Danzel nodded his head in understanding and started eating his breakfast but not before telling her to eat also.

Inessa, unwillingly, took a seat next to his. She wasn't hungry. Her appetite had died since the day of the accident. However, she put some scrambled eggs on he plate and started pecking on it.  

"Where is Zara?" he asked while lacerating his egg.

Inessa revealed that she hadn't come yet. Inessa wanted to thank Danzel for defending him and so she made this breakfast for him. He used to do it for Andrei as well. Her heart sank when she thought about him. 

They were having their breakfast in silence when her phone chimed. Of their accord, Danzel's eyes darted to her phone. She grabbed her phone instantly, not letting him see the name. Her face paled when she read the name flashing on her screen. 

A video call from Francisco. 

She rejected the call and put the phone in her lap. Danzel noticed the slight frown above her brows but said nothing. Her phone rang three times but she rejected it each time.

After finishing his breakfast, Danzel got to his feet and was about to turn when her phone vibrated again, notifying a text. He caught the first word of the name. 

F. 

Danzel collected his jacket, turned, and left.  

At work, he asked his men to find out about Natalie Moore. This name was a mystery. 

He also checked all the recordings, everything that could give him a hint of who could have done it. 

His whole day passed in pursuit of any clue but the work was done damn neatly. His father pressed him to punish Inessa. In his parents' eyes, she was the murderer. 

Surprisingly, Inessa's family didn't show up. Her father had come to see his parents but he wasn't sure if he met his daughter. It was weird. 

After finishing the work, he came back home.

After getting fresh, he went into the kitchen and set his plate. Zara had gone MIA today. He had already made up his mind to fire her. He hated unprofessional people. 

After finishing his dinner, he came out of the kitchen and headed towards his room. He was climbing up the stairs when the door to his apartment opened. He turned and found Inessa by the door.

She was coming from somewhere. Danzel glanced at his watch. It was 11:30 PM. Inessa halted stupefied when she noticed him by the stairs. 

His gaze held question. Her nervous gaze swept around the room before they rested on him. She told him that she had gone to meet a friend. With that said, she tensely started moving up the stairs. He watched her intently as she passed by him, going up inside her room.          

He was tempted to enquire more about her friend but held himself back. He clenched his teeth and walked up to his room.

The next day he received another information. This information shook him. 

His men had found out about Natalie Moore. It was revealed that this mysterious woman was the mother of Francisco. His swore enemy.

Now the question was why transactions worth 5 million happened from her account to Inessa's. Does Inessa know her? His father's words started to ring in his ear. Is she really involved?  

He had to ask Inessa about it. 

Please, Like And Comment!