Chapter 17- Ruh-Roh Here We Go

Start from the beginning

Logan frowned but nodded, "Then we'll see you at break."

"Bye Roman! Bye Remus!" Patton and Deceit said in unison.

Anxiety said nothing as he watched them leave, fidgeting with his fingers before mumbling an excuse to the others, assuring them he'd catch up later, before floating off.

*****

Roman flinched as yet another person bumped into him as large groups of students pushed past each other in the hallways to get to wherever they were going. They weren't even halfway through the day and Roman had already decided that his school was much too small to hold this many students. It was so crowded that every other step had you bumping shoulders with someone, it happened so often that nobody even bothered saying sorry anymore. 

"Roman!" A familiar voice called over the onslaught of loud laughter ad chatter going on around him, Roman turned towards it to find Eloise making his way towards him. She paved her way through the crowds, not seeming to be frazzled by the vast amount of students who all but parted like the red sea to get out of her way. She stopped in front of Roman with a smile Roman had come to learn meant he was about to sit in on a five-minute lecture. "Are you busy?"

"Uh, I had plans with Logan to-"

"So no! Perfect!" Eloise said with a clap of her hands, "I just wanted to talk to you about the school play. As you know, opening night is coming up quickly, and while I am so grateful that you're off-book I did want to let you know that yesterday's rehearsal was a little lacking in the- you know- acting department."

Remus rolled his eyes from beside him, after being dragged along to so many rehearsals, Remus had come to get to know Eloise almost as well as Roman had and had ultimately decided that he did not like her one bit. "Don't listen to her Ro, you did great yesterday."

Roman ignored him, "Er, I'm not really sure what you mean Eloise. I thought I did pretty good."

"Yeah well, I wasn't quite getting the right emotion, ya know? Your character is supposed to be nervous, and scared, but stubborn. But I seemed to get more of an overwhelmed and resilient vibe from him."

"...oh" Roman replied simply.

Further down the hall, a shrill voice called Elois's name and the girl gasped slightly, waved at the person behind Roman, before turning back to him, "You know what? Why don't you stay back next rehearsal like five to fifteen minutes and we can figure it out together?"

Roman shook his head, "That's not really going to work. Logan has robotics club and it ends a little before rehearsal. We were gonna do some studying and I'm already keeping him waiting I wouldn't want to-"

"Logan-" Eloise cut in sharply, "-Can deal. I'm sure he won't mind me borrowing you for a little while longer, will he? Worst comes to worst and he can just sit on the grass and talk to the sunflowers."

"They're dandelions." Roman muttered, and Eloise gave him a look that made him step back slightly, "It's just, they're dandelions. You shouldn't worry about it too much though, Logan says it's a very common-"

"See you at rehearsal Roman!" Eloise interrupted again before skipping off in the direction of her loud and impatient friend who had continued to call her name even after she had confirmed she had heard.

Roman sighed tiredly as he turned back to his locker and muttered under his breath, while Remus sent the middle finger in her direction and crossed his arms in annoyance, "I swear, if I was alive, I'd deck her. I have no idea how you can put up with such a bitch! It's like she thinks she's the fucking queen of everyone. Like, come on! Get a life outside of fucking high school you weirdo!"