Chapter 1: Amy

The audience is thunderous after Noah and Richelle finish their duet. I thought they had been loud after I did the trio with Michelle and Amanda, but they were nothing like this. Honestly, I don't blame them. All I want to do is jump about and scream after watching that duet. But the rest of the team is just clapping in awe, so that's what I'm doing too.

Their duet was amazing, so upbeat and fun. But it was their chemistry that made the duet that good. As they hug, I can see the way they look at each other, I can see how in love they are. I bet the judges can too. So we're definitely going to win!

Riley looks nervous, but then she has all season. I think she's too young to run a studio. I can see Amanda trying to reassure her, but all this waiting isn't helping. It's obvious that we won, Noah and Richelle out danced their competition by a mile. They don't look nervous at all, they're just smiling at each other. The other team look nervous though. If I was them I would be. Or maybe I wouldn't. They must know they're going to lose.

"And the winner of this round, going through to the semi-finals is ........................ The Next Step!"

Everyone starts screaming all at once. I'm jumping up and down, and hugging Cassie. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Noah and Richelle shaking the other team's hands. Even Riley's smiling, her stress from a minute ago gone. I let go of Cassie and go to hug LaTroy, but he turns away and Henry sweeps me up in his arms instead, jumping up and down giddily. I think he might be the only other person on this team who's matching my excitement. Noah and Richelle run over to us and Henry practically throws me down to go leap onto Noah, screaming. Everyone else gathers around them, congratulating Richelle and laughing at Henry and Noah. I look around for LaTroy but he seems to have disappeared.

But it doesn't really matter. The Next Step are through to the semi-finals! I'm not in the small group routine but Piper is. She must be nervous. As I glance over towards her, I know I'm right. But that's a matter for later, when she's getting ready to go on stage. For now, we're all celebrating Noah and Richelle's win. I run over to the others, congratulating Richelle and even managing to hug her for a millisecond before she pushes me off her. We're all laughing and cheering, excited for the next dance. As we all start to calm down a little, Riley suggests getting some lunch before the next routine. The others set off excitedly, but I hang back a little, trying to spot LaTroy. I can't see him anywhere, so I suppose he must have gone out to the cafeteria already, or maybe he went back for something in the dressing rooms. As I go to catch up with the others, I spot Richelle slipping her hand into Noah's as they walk. Noah glances down at her smiling, then kisses the top of her head. I know how they feel - I feel the exact same way about LaTroy. But them together and happy is still possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.