𝐌𝐫𝐬. 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

Start from the beginning

Following the wire we had seen outside, we came across the breaker pretty quickly.

Kiara flipped a few switches until we saw the light outside flick off.

"Okay..." She whispered, lightly closing it. "Let's get the fuck out of here,"

A whirring noise filled the area, followed by the loud chime of a grandfather clock.

"Shit!" Sarah hissed.

We kept our backs pressed against the wall, peeking around the corner, exchanging worried glances when we heard approaching footsteps.

I looked at Kiara and Sarah with my own terrified expression. "We have to get out of here!"

"There's nowhere we can go!" My sister countered.

"It's late, Leon," The voice of an elderly woman said. "Too, late,"

I covered my mouth with a hand to prevent any noise from escaping as Mrs.Crain slowly walked past us. "I can hear you, Leon!"

Kiara reached over and squeezed my hand, to which I did the same to Sarah.

"I've been waiting all night!" Mrs.Crain yelled spinning around.

"GO!" I screamed.

We instantly began sprinting, trying to navigate through the darkened house whose layout we were completely unfamiliar with.

Despite our best efforts, we had become separated from each other. Leaving us to fend for ourselves to find a way out.

"Goddammit!" I muttered, as my shaky hands caused me to struggle with opening a door.

Eventually getting it to open, I barreled through and slammed it shut behind me, placing a nearby chair beneath the handle to stop it from opening.

As I made my way through more confusing doors and hallways, I heard an unexpected commotion, which caused me to stop dead in my tracks.

"KIE! SARAH!" I screamed, hoping they were okay.

"ASPYN!?" I heard back. It was my sister.

Though, her voice was interrupted by the sound of glass shattering.

I could feel my heart beginning to beat faster than it already had been. They were in trouble.

"GUYS!?" I yelled, sprinting back in the direction that I had come. "COME ON, ANSWER!"

I found the door I had gone though and moved the chair, swinging it open to reveal Mrs.Crain with a fire poker.

"OH FUCK!" I yelled, ducking just seconds before she swung it at me, shattering something that was behind me.

"A!" I heard. I looked past Mrs.Crain to see both Kiara and Sarah.

"GUYS!" I yelled back.

Mrs.Crain let her guard down for just a moment, allowing me to crawl past her.

"Come on!" Kie cried, holding out her hand for me to grab. She pulled me off the ground and we continued run, our hands still clasped together.

"This way!" Sarah directed, leading us through a door.

She slammed it shut and locked it, pressing her back against it, giving us a second to breathe.

The fire poker suddenly smashed through the door, Sarah just merely missing getting hit.

"Holy shit!" I screamed.

Scanning the room, I noticed a door that I had seen before. It led under the house.