Ch.2: Arrival At Octo Canyon

Comenzar desde el principio

(Y/N): Before I start can I ask you a question.

She sights and turned around with a smile.

Marie: What is it, Agent 4?

(Y/N): Those Octarians you mentioned earlier, have they anything to do with the Octolings?

Marie: Oh my... You already know about the Octolings. It was right to pick you and...

At this point, I wasn't listening anymore. If there were Octolings with the Octarians then there must be some clues to those damned scientists.

Marie POV

(Agent 4 isn't a talker huh.)

He then questions me about the Octolings what takes me by surprise, but the moment I mentioned them, his expression instantly changed with his head down. I began to feel he wasn't listening anymore.

Marie: Ahm... Agent 4 are you ok-

I was interrupted but not with words. His head suddenly went up.

(Y/N): I'm fine...

But I didn't believe him, his eyes said otherwise there was a look of hatred, bitterness, and sadness. Not wanting to push the matter forward I continue to explain, and we walked to the first grate.

Marie: Here starts your first mission Agent 4, good luck!

(Y/N): Thanks, I'm on my way then.

Now he was going down the first grate. I started walking back to the shack.

(How mysterious, what could make him hate Octarians that much, I mean yeah they did some bad stuff but that look still scares me. Should I try digging in his past although I don't expect to find anything I don't even know his name.)

(Y/N) POV

*Time skip*

Now tired I completed 3 missions in this area. I saw that the big grate in the middle was opening. As I walked closer to the great I saw Marie near it she was now noticing me.

Marie: Good job out there. This grate is special so please be careful.

(Y/N): Alright I will be careful. Do you have any information about why it is so special?

Marie: Not really, only that there's some kind of strong enemy in there.

With that, I was going down the grate.

When I came out of the grate, I was in a large area. It looked like a trap, but what other choice do I have.

*Time skip*

After beating that weird oven I grabbed the zapfish and returned back to the canyon extremely tired. Not because that thing was strong, it was more like a tiring fight. If I hadn't used my curse it would have ended more badly. I started to walk back to the shack to see Marie with a smile as she turned to me.

Marie: You did it! Now we can go to the next area, but I think you should take a break for today you have already done enough. I expect to see you tomorrow if that's fine.

(Y/N): Yeah... I think I have tim-

Just as I was about to answer I started coughing really hard. Marie ran to me with a worried look on her face as I was kneeling down still coughing.

Marie: Are you ok!

After that my coughing started to slowly stop.

(Y/N): Yeah... Im... fine...

Marie: Everything about this says otherwise!

I stood slowly up as I turned my head to Marie.

(Y/N): Everything is fine Im just... tired.

Marie looked at me still with a worried expression what confused me because we just met today. But I guess pity still existed.

Marie: If you say so, just take a break you don't have to come tomorrow if need a longer break then-

(Y/N): No, Im coming tomorrow I already said that.

I started walking to the gate that leads to Inkopolis.

(That damned curse, even doe it helped me today, what good is an ability that you only have for a short while. I should be more careful so this doesn't happen again and only use it as a last resort.)

Now I was back at Inkopolis Square the sun was now beginning to set. After walking for while I realized that I don't have a place to stay. I guess the money that I saved for the weapon is going for an apartment. But how do I find one or how does it work?

After some looking and asking around I found a cheap one. From my understanding, I just have to pay that someone that owns this building to live in this apartment. After finding this certain someone, she explained to me that it would cost 500 coins weekly, and if I don't have the money at the time I will be given an extra week to pay up. If I don't pay them at that time I will have to leave, which seems fair to me at least.

After doing so, I paid her and entered my room. It was not very big and had a bed in the corner, expected from a cheap room I guess it was still better than nothing. With that I made myself bed ready and was instantly drifting to sleep.

-End-

Words: 1451

(A/N) Sorry, this chapter was a lot of reaped of the game and a lot of time skips.I just want to get through the story mode a little faster because I've seen it a million times in other stories by now. And anyone who played Splatoon 2 knows how it goes so it's nothing new.