雪辱 ∙ 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐚

Start from the beginning

Today, as incredible as it sounded, he finally managed to shake them. 

His men were prepared, watching them from the moment they stepped into the building, and maybe even stalking them for days on end. It couldn't be a coincidence. Their former guardian was absolutely ready.

After being violently jerked up the rooftop, Jieun stumbled forward and needed a full minute to understand what was happening. The sounds coming from around her were devastating her already overwrought senses. 

On one side, Akagi and Namjoon were both on their knees, eyes glaring at the small group of men surrounding them with their guns—they had tried to fight their way out, it was obvious by the horribly busted lip the leader had. On her other side, the rest of the members stood quietly, also enclosed and with no chance of escaping, their belongings all scattered on the floor with items they had stolen.

Swallowing a lump to mask her fear, Jieun began to move forward feeling the gun aimed at her back as she walked. She chanced a quick with Namjoon and forced a smile over her shoulder to her captor. "Has daddy called for a family meeting?"

The man didn't respond. 

Jieun whirled, looking around. "So where is he? Rude of him to make us wait."

"Jieun."

She turned her head sideways to where the leader was. As always, he showed no emotions, not even while in this situation— she knew better. No matter how strong these years of hiding had made him, Sean would forever be the man who could terrify their very soul. They all knew what he was capable of. They have seen it. It was a tug of war they had no chance of actually winning.

"Where's Jeon?"

Jieun's thoughts immediately went back to Jungkook and to the last time they saw each other before she was abruptly taken from the auction. She couldn't see if he had succeeded in the theft, let alone where he—

The door to the rooftop slammed open, all moving their gazes to stare at the men coming through. Wide-eyed Jieun felt a wave of panic seeping through her veins like ice, not believing he was brought along when they had no business with him—if they were being watched from the start, Sean was all aware of their new company, but it didn't mean he should include someone else in his vendetta!

A scream lodged tightly in her chest as her instinct to do something began to kick in. 

Jungkook's eyes darted to all the ones trapped in that roof and seemed to pick up the real deal very quickly. He stopped on Jieun's figure, opened his mouth, then closed shut. Sounds—he couldn't make any. 

Kazoku no longer looked like the invincible group, the escape geniuses, the ghost gang. Jungkook finally found something— someone— that left them utterly powerless. They were no doubt afraid of that man and it was almost sinister to see.

Stalking forward, Mitsuo Sean smirked at the sight. Nothing had the power to make him feel more satisfied than to see his family reunited again after so long.

"Look at you all grown up," he chuckled, circling around between Sana and Mai, giving occasional glances at the leader. "For several days I found myself sitting at the table wondering what it would be like if you hadn't abandoned me. Dinners would've been a lot more enjoyable..."

Once he made a slow stop before Jieun, his awful-looking grin spread across his face. 

"Of all of them, seems that you were the one that grew the most. Not just physically speaking."

Jieun's jaw clenched. The crimes committed had taught them to be prepared for anything, but now, Neo's words were starting to have some meaning—they will always be helpless, little children in front of this man. She only felt the dread build up in her gut as she waited for nothing good to come.