Chapter 14 ~Let Me Out*

Começar do início

"Our little Lost Girl is tricker than we thought. She has fled to the opposite side of the island," Pan sneered at them. Some mumbled curses under their breath. Some just looked frightened.

Felix didn't make an attempt to keep quiet about it. "The little worm got away?! Where does she plan to go?! She broke the rules, the game is void. Just use magic to bring her back!" He barked at Pan. Pan narrowed his eyes.

"And what authority do you have over me, Felix?" His tone was deadly. Dangerous enough to kill even the most innocent a person.

"None. Sorry, Sir." Pan shrugged it off. If it had been any other boy, there would be more problems. Felix knew his place.

"Now when you say use magic, I did make a deal with her," Felix started to protest but Pan replied faster, "She thinks she has won. We need to strike fast. While her guard is down." The Lost Boys grinned at one another.

"She must have left tracks. We can track her." Felix insisted to Pan. Together they led the Lost Boys after her. Felix had murder on his mind, and although Pan didn't know why yet, he was delighted to find out.

Wendy awoke to sunny skies and birds chirping. It took her a moment to remember the game and why she should be scared. She carefully unfolded the map from her belt. She glowered at it as she saw her location.

She was in the marshlands on the complete other side of the island. She was on the western shores of Neverland and her goal was east. The rocky cliffs. Pan had told her a black flag would loom over the peak she had to get to.

Wendy also knew that the Lost Boys had caught up to her trail by now. She couldn't see their tracks, but she knew they were already here. Maybe they had past by her tree in the dead of night. She must have been dead asleep. Thank goodness she didn't snore.

Wendy dislodged herself from her hiding place and set off into the woods. She had to get to the other side of island before the Lost Boys found her. She didn't dare to run. She had to be careful. Pan could have snares or traps set out for her or he could be sitting waiting for her to come swinging through the vines making a loud enough noise to attract attention. She made sure she was fast, though. This whole game from Wendy's perspective has been really easy. Taking Pan's personality in general, she thought she would've faced more challenges.

Her challenges at the moment was food. Every step Wendy took her vision would start to get a little blurry around the edges with fatigue. Her stomach was clawing at her and making rumbling noises that could possibly give her stealthiness away. Food was what she needed.

Wendy then decided that her day would be dedicated to putting more ground between her and the marsh swamp.

As she carefully navigated through the jungle she felt like something was watching her. Fearing it was Pan, she whipped around with her sword ready. There was no one. The feeling slowly crept up on her. The feeling of dread. She didn't want to know know who was following her.

She picked up the pace and soon found herself in the heart of the jungle. She was in so deep she couldn't see the sun or sky. She was bathed in the green tint of the canopies of leaves. All the beauty made her forget the dreadful feeling. This was the place where all the tropical flowers bloomed. There were reds and oranges and yellows and pinks. She saw a parrot fly above her and watched in awe. Wendy looked at the map to see if she could tell where she was. Written in Pan's scrawl was the words: Dark Jungle.

Wendy didn't understand why it was called that. The jungle was bright and filled with colors. She shook it off and stumbled around until she saw a tree filled with mangos. Her stomach grumbled again.