Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

He soon parked up and we got out the car, him carrying a picnic basket and the picnic blanket. I offered to take it from him but he declined my offer. The funny thing? He tried to hold my hand even though both of his hands were occupied with holding those two things. I laughed at him and yanked the blanket from him and then entwined our fingers together. "You're an idiot, you know?"

"Mhm, only for you, sweetheart." We carried on walking for a bit until I realised we at a beach. "You like?" I did love the beach even though I hadn't been to one in years. Jake and I use to go to the beach a lot when we were kids. Our parents knew we loved it there so they took us almost every weekend depending if the weather was nice. On the odd occasion, we would also visit the beach on a rainy day. The beach was just as beautiful on a rainy day than it was on a sunny one.

"I love the beach," I mumbled, awe taking over me. The way the moon glistened on the sea had me mesmerised. You could see the moon's reflection in the sea and hear the seagulls squawking away at each other. We walked, hand in hand, along the beach and found a spot near the sea but just far enough that we wouldn't get soaked.

As well as cake, Damian also made us dinner when he got home from work. I did offer to but he said no. I found it really sweet that he wanted to cook for me. He had cooked some stew chicken and rice which were mixed together. It was interesting to find out he could cook but the real question is whether or not it'll actually taste nice. Let's hope so. He had packed them in two bowls which kept the food heated. He pulled out two forks for us to use and handed me one of them. "Enjoy," he said, kissing my forehead. Before digging in to his own food, he watched me take the first bite. Luckily for us, the food was still pretty hot. I hummed in delight. The food was magnificent. Damian can cook! "It's good?"

"It's delicious!" I exclaim, digging into more. After he knew I loved it, he started to dig in to his own dish. We ate in silence, staring at the sea. He took my bowl and fork when I had finished and packed it away as well as his. He then pulled out the cake and I grinned. The whole day, I had been dying to try some and I almost tried some while he was away at work. Almost. I resisted the urge and made sure I stayed clear of it. I knew if I was in the room with it and looking right at it, I would've taken it and tried some.

The cake was delicious. It was a chocolate cake but apparently had a secret ingredient in it. Even though I had helped make it, he shooed me away so he could add that secret ingredient. Whatever it was I don't know if it made a huge difference. The cake just tasted absolutely delightful.

We lay down beside each other after letting our food settle. It was a peaceful night and there was indeed no one here. I was shocked. When I was younger and Jake and I were taken to the beach at night, there were quite a few people there. I didn't care that no one was here, I liked the fact that it was just Damian and I. It was just the two of us and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Damian pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms around me. "I don't know how, but I've fallen for you hard. You're a special girl to have made me stop my stupid ways. I don't know how you've done it, Kylie. I really don't. It has shocked me majorly. So tell me, baby, how did you do it?"

"Honestly?"

"Yeah, tell me honestly."

"I don't know. I didn't think you were interested in me. Well, maybe for a hook up but that was it. You're asking the wrong person about that. The only one you can ask and get an answer from is yourself," I say, patting his arm.

"Well, I don't know how to even answer it. Whatever you've done, you've probably cast a spell on me. Dammit, are you a witch?" I let out a giggle and shook my head. "I bet you've cast a spell on me, haven't you?"

"Never!" We were both laughing our heads off and smiling away. At one point, we stared at each other in the eyes. It was one of those moments you read about in books where everything felt like slow motion. The sound of the sea sounded slow, even the seagulls. The way Damian leaned in was in slow motion too. Hell, even I felt like I was moving in slow motion. I didn't realise that this sort of feeling existed, but here I am. I leaned in and closed the gap, smashing my lips onto his.

We made out for what felt like a few hours but was probably only a mere few minutes. "That was way too short," he said to me, running his hand through my hair. "Tonight was simple and short, yeah? Did you enjoy it?"

"Of course I did, why wouldn't I? Thank you for tonight, I really did love it."

"I'm glad to hear that." We lay there on the blanket for a while before we decided it was time to head home. At home, we went straight to bed and tonight we shared a bed and cuddled until we both soon fell asleep.