19♡»- A date!!

Start from the beginning

You made plans to celebrate the day before Christmas with him so you wouldn't have to miss out. Although this was far from magical from the actual holiday, Kita was still Grateful to hear you would be spending time with him.

There was a cafe Kita wanted to visit, quite a peaceful one but still very popular. A garden with a touch of Cafe style and it looked like it was straight out of a castle. With round white tables that curl down the legs and chairs that looked like royalty sat on them. The seats were distanced from each other, giving the people their peace, and the Winter Peonies displayed in each corner.

Kita had recommended this place, the owner was an old friend of his grandmother who had invited him for its 2nd anniversary.

There were unique groups of flowers you haven't seen before, some only bloom during the winter season, and others you couldn't recognize because of your lack of knowledge when it came to flowers. But Kita seemed excited, he does have a good set of eyes when it came to plants.

Your boots stomped on the thick blanket of snow as you rush towards Kita who was waiting outside the building that share more of a resemblance to a greenhouse. He had stuffed his face to the comfort of his jacket, hands rubbing on each other in desperate need of warmth. "Shinsuke, good afternoon!" You call out to him, earning a smile from the man.

"You could have waited inside, you're always scolding me for things like this yet here you are." You laughed. Kita lifted his head to give you a closed-eyed smile. "Come on," he directs you inside. The heaters worked like a charm, resulting in you taking off your coats and enjoying your newfound warmth.

You took notice of how lively the cafe was, slow music danced around as couples of different ages sat from across each other. The ceilings were high and clear, although covered with white. You saw different kinds of flowers that varied from colors to where you sat. All in all, the cafe had a calm atmosphere, perfect for a quiet date.

The air was mixed with an aroma of strong sweetness, both from the flowers and many desserts that the cafe served. A famous dish of theirs was Daifuku.

"It's almost graduation." He sounded plain, more disappointed. You looked up, feeling curious about his expression. Kita didn't seem out of the ordinary except for the small disappointing waver in his tone when he brought it up. "Yeah, but I'm not looking forward to it. I still want to enjoy the life of being a teen." Part of the reason was that you didn't want to leave Kita, your time with him was short.

"What are your plans?" He had longed dreaded to ask those words. You hesitated to answer, it wasn't a good one.

Leaving Kita was easy until now when he decided to take your relationship to another level. Studying abroad was always your plan for a successful future, finding the right course was one thing. You didn't want to leave the home you grew up in, the friends you grew to love and the people you met along the way.

Humans value familiarity and so do you. If you left, there would be so much you would leave behind. The memories of your youth and the people you care about.

A new country with a different culture and language is terrifying. You would have to learn to adjust and start from scratch. But despite those terrifying thoughts, you reminded yourself that it was best to focus on the present. You understood that what's going to happen in the future will be good for you, even if it means leaving some things behind.

"I'm studying abroad for college." You told him, copying his sad tone. "I'm sorry, shin."

Kita shook his head. "You don't have to say sorry, I understand. I'm not stopping you from pursuing a good future. I'm proud of you for being brave, I know it's a big step." Kita was hurt inwardly, a part of him wanted to be happy for you because nothing is more important than seeing you happy but at the same time, he doesn't want you to leave. He's disappointed in himself for feeling selfish. For being disappointed when he should be happy for you.

"But if it's okay," he started and you nodded for him to continue. "Can I still court you?"

"Of course, Shin."

You soon discarded the depressing topic, wanting to lift his spirits. "Atsumu tagged you in so many posts, you haven't replied to any of them." You saw the spam in his page mostly from his lively underclassman who loved to share relationship memes with his captain. Kita sighed, "I'm not sure why he does it. I haven't told him that we're official. " Kita had chosen to ignore the spams that happened even at midnight, he had to mute his phone.

"He's trying to bond with you, is all. But he shouldn't be spamming at midnight."

"Didn't he tag you as well?" Kita asked, raising his cup of warm tea to take a sip. You remembered the memes Atsumu would make himself, often questionable than relatable. "Well, he's bored I can tell."