Chapter 45: The Dark Truth

Start from the beginning

"How would I know that when you were the one who spoke for me?!" I snap as my vision turns redder.

"I just do! No one has ever dared to resurrect someone and live! Not even that impatient human who was protected by the gods to get his wife back! He was close to having his wife back to life but he had to check if she was following him and ruined any chances of being with her again! And you know what happened to that idiotic human?" Damian questions as his eyes dilate to their demonic ones.

"Do enlighten me." I retort, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"He died. Pathetically singing about how he misses his wife when it was his own damn fault! Death was extremely mad that the gods protected a human. It was one of the few instances that he smiled from the way that human died." Damian answers and chuckles softly. I suppose he would find that amusing since he finds humans in pain and suffering entertaining.

"And your point was what?" I snort as I raise a questioning brow at him.

Damian gave me a look to suggest I was stupid before he released a strained sigh much like one I would make whenever he infuriated me. Is it really that obvious? Or does he lack any form of emotions? Does he not see that I am hurting over the loss of my two siblings who had nothing to do with my mother's plans for world domination? Speaking of, I will need to have a word with him about his involvement.

"You were lucky enough to have a warning rather than being killed on the spot when you yelled at him." Damian declares but I did not think that was impressive.

"I survived a battalion of hybrids and a confrontation with an archangel and even Death himself. What more could I be afraid of now?" I remarked sarcastically which infuriated him.

"Because I was there! Michael planned to kill you if I hadn't been there!" Damian argues in that arrogant tone of his. "I saved your life from both my uncle and Death. Do as Death says."

I do not think that Damian had anything to do with saving me from either one of those two entities. Although, I couldn't forget that last statement he said. 'Do as Death says' as Damian stated and I think now is the perfect time to heed his advice. After all, Damian has some explaining to do.

"You are correct. . . I should do as Death said. . . Tell me, Damian, why did Death recommend that I ask you more about my mother's attempts to have her army surpass me?" I inquire coldly and I quickly notice how his body tensed for a millisecond before relaxing again.

"What?" Damian blurts out to feign confusion. He tries to smile that usual smirk of his but it was forced. I could see how much effort it is taking him to keep that carefree expression up on his face.

"You know something about my mother's army. More than when we found out that Acantha has been hoarding my blood for my mother's research." I reiterate as I walk up to him and grab hold the front of his shirt. "Tell me everything you know about my mother's plan. I won't repeat myself again."

Damian's eyes narrowed into a glare as he pressed down on the hand that was clutching his shirt. He swiftly pushed his body left where his elbow was about to hit my face. I quickly dodged his attack by kneeling but he took hold on the crook of my arm and dragged my arm towards his torso.

"What will happen if I tell you everything? Will you try to kill me too?" Damian questions as he presses his hand down on my wrist. The added pressure resulted in me hissing in pain. "You know that I won't die as easily as these mistakes. If I tell you what I know, you must be certain that you are willing to pay for your life."

"After that encounter with Death, there is nothing in this world that scares me anymore. I will gladly accept my fate if I lose to you." I reply as I attempt to smirk through the pain Damian is inflicting onto me.